Both CBEAX and VWNAX are mutual funds. CBEAX has a lower 5-year return than VWNAX (9.33% vs 10.86%). CBEAX has a higher expense ratio than VWNAX (1.07% vs 0.26%). Below is the comparison between CBEAX and VWNAX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||U.S. Equity: Large Value||U.S. Equity: Large Value|
|Family||Wells Fargo Funds||Vanguard|
The Fund seeks long-term total return by investing in common stock of large-capitalization companies with market capitalization of $1 billion or more. The fund seeks total return by targeting companies that it believes are undervalued, possess strong financial positions and have the capability of earning growth.
CBEAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (30.58% of Total Assets)
|Wells Fargo Government MMkt Select||WFFXX||3.92%|
|Arrow Electronics Inc||ARW||3.43%|
|Charles Schwab Corp||SCHW||3.24%|
|Johnson & Johnson||JNJ||3.02%|
|Brookfield Asset Management Inc Class A||BAM.A.TO||2.95%|
|Eaton Corp PLC||ETN||2.65%|
|State Street Corporation||STT||2.63%|
The following are CBEAX strengths from our perspective:
- CBEAX 3-year return is 11.17%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 9.62%.
- CBEAX 5-year return is 9.33%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 8.53%.
- CBEAX 10-year return is 11.75%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 11.63%.
- CBEAX 15-year return is 6.81%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 6.25%.
The following are CBEAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- CBEAX net assets are $99.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- CBEAX expense ratio is 1.07%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a front-end sales fee. The maximum front-end fee is 5.75%. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant CBEAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following CBEAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- CBEAX vs DODGX
- CBEAX vs AWSHX
- CBEAX vs VEIRX
- CBEAX vs VWNAX
- CBEAX vs AMRMX
- CBEAX vs VVIAX
- CBEAX vs VWNEX
- CBEAX vs GSFTX
- CBEAX vs VIVIX
- CBEAX vs VWNFX
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital and income. The Fund invests mainly in large- and mid-capitalization companies whose stocks are considered to be undervalued. Undervalued stocks generally trade at prices that are below average in relation to such measures as earnings and book value.
VWNAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (24.13% of Total Assets)
|Alphabet Inc A||GOOGL||2.54%|
|Johnson & Johnson||JNJ||1.77%|
|Procter & Gamble Co||PG||1.70%|
|Bank of America Corp||BAC||1.68%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd ADR||TSM.TW||1.54%|
|Intercontinental Exchange Inc||ICE||1.53%|
The following are VWNAX strengths from our perspective:
- VWNAX 3-year return is 13.54%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 9.62%.
- VWNAX 5-year return is 10.86%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 8.53%.
- VWNAX 10-year return is 12.32%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 11.63%.
- VWNAX 15-year return is 7.09%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 6.25%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
VWNAX consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant VWNAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following VWNAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- VWNAX vs VVIAX
- VWNAX vs DODGX
- VWNAX vs AWSHX
- VWNAX vs VEIRX
- VWNAX vs AMRMX
- VWNAX vs VWNEX
- VWNAX vs GSFTX
- VWNAX vs VIVIX
- VWNAX vs VWNFX
- VWNAX vs MADVX