Both CBSAX and VMGMX are mutual funds. CBSAX has a lower 5-year return than VMGMX (8.24% vs 10.3%). CBSAX has a higher expense ratio than VMGMX (1.11% vs 0.07%). Below is the comparison between CBSAX and VMGMX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Segment||U.S. Equity: Mid-Cap Growth||U.S. Equity: Mid-Cap Growth|
|Management Style||active||passive (index-based)|
The Fund seeks significant capital appreciation by investing, under normal market conditions, at least 80% of its net assets in stocks of companies with a market capitalization, at the time of initial purchase, equal to or less than the largest stock in the Russell Midcap Index.
CBSAX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (21.65% of Total Assets)
|Cadence Design Systems Inc||CDNS||2.55%|
|Align Technology Inc||ALGN||2.18%|
|CoStar Group Inc||CSGP||2.17%|
|Lululemon Athletica Inc||LULU||2.16%|
|Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc Class A||CMG||2.13%|
|IDEXX Laboratories Inc||IDXX||1.98%|
|GoDaddy Inc A||GDDY||1.97%|
CBSAX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are CBSAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- CBSAX net assets are $758.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- CBSAX 3-year return is 5.12%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 7.11%.
- CBSAX 5-year return is 8.24%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 9.94%.
- CBSAX 10-year return is 10.19%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 12.31%.
- CBSAX 15-year return is 7.31%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 8.45%.
- CBSAX expense ratio is 1.11%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant CBSAX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following CBSAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- CBSAX vs RPMGX
- CBSAX vs VMGMX
- CBSAX vs FMCSX
- CBSAX vs CIPIX
- CBSAX vs OEGAX
- CBSAX vs TWHIX
- CBSAX vs JAENX
- CBSAX vs VMGRX
- CBSAX vs FRSGX
- CBSAX vs BPTRX
The Fund seeks to track the performance of a benchmark index that measures the investment return of mid-capitalization growth stocks. The Fund employs an indexing investment approach designed to track the performance of the CRSP US Mid Cap Growth Index, as it invest all of its assets in the stocks that makes up the Index.
VMGMX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (14.28% of Total Assets)
|Digital Realty Trust Inc||DLR||1.54%|
|Lululemon Athletica Inc||LULU||1.53%|
|Veeva Systems Inc Class A||VEEV||1.48%|
|SBA Communications Corp||SBAC||1.39%|
|Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc Class A||CMG||1.36%|
|Twilio Inc A||TWLO||1.33%|
|IDEXX Laboratories Inc||IDXX||1.31%|
The following are VMGMX strengths from our perspective:
- VMGMX 3-year return is 9.2%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (CRSP US Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 9.24%.
- VMGMX 5-year return is 10.3%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (CRSP US Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 10.35%.
- VMGMX 10-year return is 12.25%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (CRSP US Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 11.23%.
- VMGMX expense ratio is 0.07%, which is considered low. Nice job picking a low-cost fund.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
VMGMX consNone that we could think of.
Other relevant VMGMX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following VMGMX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- VMGMX vs VIMAX
- VMGMX vs VMVAX
- VMGMX vs RPMGX
- VMGMX vs FMCSX
- VMGMX vs CIPIX
- VMGMX vs OEGAX
- VMGMX vs TWHIX
- VMGMX vs JAENX
- VMGMX vs VMGRX
- VMGMX vs FRSGX
- VMGMX vs BPTRX
- VMGMX vs APHMX