Both AMRMX and MADVX are mutual funds. AMRMX has a higher 5-year return than MADVX (7.13% vs 6.85%). AMRMX has a lower expense ratio than MADVX (0.59% vs 0.68%). Below is the comparison between AMRMX and MADVX.
|Security Type||Mutual fund||Mutual fund|
|Category||Large Value||Large Value|
The Fund seeks current income, growth of capital and conservation of principal. The Fund seeks to invest primarily in common stocks of companies that are likely to participate in the growth of the American economy and whose dividends appear to be sustainable in the United States and Canada.
AMRMX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (23.82% of Total Assets)
|Raytheon Technologies Corp||RTX||2.54%|
|General Electric Co||GE||2.21%|
|Comcast Corp Class A||CMCSA||2.00%|
|Mondelez International Inc Class A||MDLZ||1.72%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||1.69%|
AMRMX prosNone that we could think of.
The following are AMRMX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AMRMX 3-year return is 9.94%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 11.93%.
- AMRMX 5-year return is 7.13%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 12.07%.
- AMRMX 10-year return is 9.06%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 10.95%.
- AMRMX expense ratio is 0.59%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.250186805%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
Other relevant AMRMX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following AMRMX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- AMRMX vs DODGX
- AMRMX vs AWSHX
- AMRMX vs GSFTX
- AMRMX vs MADVX
- AMRMX vs PRFDX
- AMRMX vs NBPIX
- AMRMX vs SFLNX
- AMRMX vs DHLRX
- AMRMX vs FEQIX
- AMRMX vs DSEEX
The Fund seeks long-term total return and current income. The Fund seeks to achieve its objective by investing primarily in a diversified portfolio of equity securities. Under normal circumstances, the Fund will invest at least 80% of assets in equity securities and at least 80% of assets in dividend paying securities.
MADVX performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (27.53% of Total Assets)
|BlackRock Liquidity T-Fund Instl||TSTXX||4.74%|
|Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp Class A||CTSH||2.85%|
|Wells Fargo & Co||WFC||2.80%|
|Laboratory Corp of America Holdings||LH||2.47%|
|Cisco Systems Inc||CSCO||2.41%|
|The Kraft Heinz Co||KHC||2.37%|
|American International Group Inc||AIG||2.36%|
The following are MADVX strengths from our perspective:
- MADVX 3-year return is 11.81%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 11.93%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are MADVX weaknesses from our perspective:
- MADVX 5-year return is 7.21%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 12.07%.
- MADVX 10-year return is 9.31%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 10.95%.
- MADVX expense ratio is 0.68%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant MADVX comparisons
You may also want to check out the following MADVX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- MADVX vs DODGX
- MADVX vs AWSHX
- MADVX vs AMRMX
- MADVX vs GSFTX
- MADVX vs PRFDX
- MADVX vs NBPIX
- MADVX vs SFLNX
- MADVX vs DHLRX
- MADVX vs FEQIX
- MADVX vs DSEEX