Both FAN and QCLN are ETFs. FAN has a lower 5-year return than QCLN (15.91% vs 34.68%). FAN has a higher expense ratio than QCLN (0.61% vs 0.6%). Below is the comparison between FAN and QCLN.
|Family||First Trust||First Trust|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||passive (index-based)|
|Underlying Index||ISE Clean Edge Global Wind Energy Index||NASDAQ Clean Edge Green Energy Index|
Volution Group plc, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and supplies ventilation products to residential and commercial construction markets in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, and Australasia. The company offers unitary extractor fans for use in bathrooms and kitchens; mechanical ventilation with heat recovery (MVHR) and centralized mechanical extract ventilation (MEV) systems; rigid, semi-rigid, and flexible ducting products and accessories; mechanical heat recovery units; air handling units, fan coils, and hybrid ventilation products; underfloor heating, heated towel rails, radiators, and storage and panel heaters; wall, box, and tower fans, as well as portable air conditioners; hand dryers and insect killers; and sensors, controllers, and ducting products. It also manufactures blowers and motors for the heating and ventilation industry, such as direct and belt-drive fans, fan decks, double inlet centrifugal blowers, motorized impellers, and combustion blowers. The company sells its products principally under the Vent-Axia, Manrose, Diffusion, Airtech, National Ventilation, Breathing Buildings, Torin-Sifan, Fresh, PAX, VoltAir, Kair, Air Connection, inVENTer, Ventilair, ClimaRad, ERI, Rtek, Simx, and Ventair brands. Volution Group plc was founded in 2002 and is based in Crawley, the United Kingdom.
FAN performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (50.12% of Total Assets)
The following are FAN strengths from our perspective:
- FAN 3-year return is 17.01%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 6.34%.
- FAN 5-year return is 15.91%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 6.51%.
- FAN 10-year return is 8.54%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.76%.
The following are FAN weaknesses from our perspective:
Other relevant FAN comparisons
You may also want to check out the following FAN comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
First Trust Exchange-Traded Fund - First Trust NASDAQ Clean Edge Green Energy Index Fund is an exchange traded fund launched and managed by First Trust Advisors L.P. The fund invests in public equity markets of the United States. The fund invests in stocks of companies operating across energy sectors. The fund invests in growth and value stocks of companies across diversified market capitalization. It invests in stocks of companies that directly promote environmental responsibility. It seeks to track the performance of the NASDAQ Clean Edge Green Energy Index, by using full replication technique. First Trust Exchange-Traded Fund - First Trust NASDAQ Clean Edge Green Energy Index Fund was formed on February 8, 2007 and is domiciled in the United States.
QCLN performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (53.97% of Total Assets)
The following are QCLN strengths from our perspective:
- QCLN 3-year return is 47.18%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 6.34%.
- QCLN 5-year return is 34.68%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 6.51%.
- QCLN 10-year return is 14.96%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.76%.
- QCLN 15-year return is 6.11%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 4.59%.
The following are QCLN weaknesses from our perspective:
Other relevant QCLN comparisons
You may also want to check out the following QCLN comparisons that investors often look for on Finny