Both ARKK and QQQ are ETFs. ARKK has a higher 5-year return than QQQ (46.12% vs 26.8%). ARKK has a higher expense ratio than QQQ (0.75% vs 0.2%). Below is the comparison between ARKK and QQQ.
|Management Style||active||passive (index-based)|
|Underlying Index||--||NASDAQ-100 Index|
ARK ETF Trust - ARK Innovation ETF is an exchange traded fund launched and managed by ARK Investment Management LLC. It invests in public equity markets of global region. The fund invests in stocks of companies operating in the disruptive innovation sectors includes development of new products or services, technological improvements and advancements in scientific research relating to the areas of genomics, (“Genomic Revolution Companies”); innovation in automation and manufacturing (“Automation Transformation Companies”), transportation, energy (“Energy Transformation Companies”), artificial intelligence (“Artificial Intelligence Companies”) and materials; the increased use of shared technology, infrastructure and services (“Next Generation Internet Companies”); and technologies that make financial services more efficient (“Fintech Innovation Companies”). It invests in growth and value stocks of companies across diversified market capitalization. The fund invests in stocks of companies that are deemed socially conscious in their business dealings and directly promote environmental responsibility. It employs fundamental and quantitative analysis with bottom-up and top-down stock picking approach to create its portfolio. It benchmarks the performance of its portfolio against the S&P 500 Index and the MSCI World Index. The fund employs internal and external research to create its portfolio. ARK ETF Trust - ARK Innovation ETF was formed on October 31, 2014 and is domiciled in the United States
ARKK performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (48.33% of Total Assets)
The following are ARKK strengths from our perspective:
- ARKK 3-year return is 39.69%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- ARKK 5-year return is 37%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.
The following are ARKK weaknesses from our perspective:
- ARKK expense ratio is 0.75%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
Other relevant ARKK comparisons
You may also want to check out the following ARKK comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- ARKK vs ARKW
- ARKK vs QQQ
- ARKK vs ARKG
- ARKK vs ARKQ
- ARKK vs SPY
- ARKK vs VOO
- ARKK vs VFIAX
- ARKK vs VGT
- ARKK vs VTI
- ARKK vs ACWI
- ARKK vs ACWV
- ARKK vs VALX
- ARKK vs CRBN
- ARKK vs ASET
- ARKK vs YLDE
- ARKK vs LOWC
- ARKK vs HACV
- ARKK vs FLQD
- ARKK vs HACW
Invesco QQQ Trust, Series 1 is an exchange traded fund launched by Invesco Ltd. The fund is managed by Invesco Capital Management LLC. The fund invests in public equity markets of global region. The fund invests in stocks of companies operating across energy, real estate, materials, industrials, consumer discretionary, consumer staples, health care, information technology, communication services, utilities sectors. It invests in growth and value stocks of large-cap companies. It seeks to track the performance of the NASDAQ-100 Index, by using full replication technique. Invesco QQQ Trust, Series 1 was formed on March 10, 1999 and is domiciled in the United States.
QQQ performance & returns
Top 10 Holdings (50.95% of Total Assets)
The following are QQQ strengths from our perspective:
- QQQ 3-year return is 27.03%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 10.12%.
- QQQ 5-year return is 26.8%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 10.51%.
- QQQ 10-year return is 20.09%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 12.76%.
- QQQ 15-year return is 13.32%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 8.17%.
- QQQ expense ratio is 0.2%, which is considered low. Nice job picking a low-cost fund.
The following are QQQ weaknesses from our perspective:
- QQQ net assets are $0.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
Other relevant QQQ comparisons
You may also want to check out the following QQQ comparisons that investors often look for on Finny
- QQQ vs SPY
- QQQ vs VOO
- QQQ vs VGT
- QQQ vs VUG
- QQQ vs TQQQ
- QQQ vs VTI
- QQQ vs ONEQ
- QQQ vs DIA
- QQQ vs DLN
- QQQ vs FMK
- QQQ vs CDC
- QQQ vs CFO
- QQQ vs CFA
- QQQ vs CSM
- QQQ vs DJD
- QQQ vs CAPE
- QQQ vs DTN