Finny logo
Finny logo
Dibs:
Dibs:
Discuss
B
ETF portfolio I'm considering. Does it look OK?
My plan is to invest 85-90% of my money into ETFs, and then the rest into stocks. ETFs are great holdings for someone like me. I've put together a portfolio here and would appreciate feedback on this proposed portfolio: 50% VTI, 20% IEMG, 10% IWM, 10% ARKK, 10% ICLN Is there anything I'm missing here or something that jumps out at you as off?
+ Emoji
You are more diverse than me! I'm all US and I get the US bias issue there. Cool you have emerging markets and US small caps. Looks to me like your portfolio reflects your view of the world. The only thing I see missing is bond exposure. Did you mean to leave that out and be 100% equity? That will obviously depend on your risk profile and where you are in life, but if there is a correction, you might want asset class diversification. Disclaimer, I'm not a financial professional.
👍
+ Emoji
B
@Will368 Yeah I was reflecting on that. I'm 27 and looking to take more risk. Is it a bad idea to have it all in stock funds, anyone?
💡
+ Emoji
Finny Dolphin
You may find this lesson relevant and helpful.
Click on it below and a new tab will open and take you directly to the lesson.
@Brandon372 Disclaimer: I'm not a financial advisor either, but like Will says it depends on your risk tolerance. Your portfolio can probably weather a storm better if you're diversified across asset classes (since they typically aren't correlated). So it may protect on the downside should the market drop, but when the market is riding up, you may not get as high a return. Again, general statement, but you get what I'm saying!
👍
+ Emoji
B
@Jess225 Thanks for that angle. I think I'll stay put in all equities for the time being!
+ Emoji
@Brandon372 Seeing you're likely way more than 20 years away from retirement, I say forget the bonds and go for it. As long as you're not buying or selling out of your positions frequently!
💡
+ Emoji
B
@Leah989 I like that thanks! It's more like 35 years until retirement for me... equities all the way.
+ Emoji