Free Gift Card0%
Budgeting & Saving / I thought I was savvy until I see I'm spending 2x more than usual!
Oct 27, 2021
I thought I was savvy until I see I'm spending 2x more than usual!
Anyone else feeling the same way? Love the savings tips that get emailed to me. After some internalizing of how we're spending, I'm embarrassed to say that we're spending WAY more than we should. It doesn't feel like we're doing anything differently either. I know a lot about market and investing and some of the technical details too but I'm missing on the basic stuff I think if I'm spending more than I should! Has anyone else experienced this? Let's share some advice here on this thread!
Replies (4)
Oct 27, 2021
@Fay954, oh good catch! What, may I ask, are you spending more on? Sounds like budgeting is in order!
Oct 27, 2021
@Fay954, Yes! Not double but it's definitely higher than usual. For us it's food, clothes and fun expenses! Being cooped up for too long has got us all craving to go out and experience life. I feel a little bad about it but it's worth the spend right now.
Oct 27, 2021
@Fay954, beware of lifestyle creep. It can creep up on you!
Nov 03, 2021
@Fay954, I hear you and I read all about skimpflation today where consumer product companies are "skimping" on their products for the same price. That means that bag o' potato chips is the same price but just had a lot more air inside (and less of the good stuff - the actual chips!). If that's true, it's sad, but may be a valid reason why your spending more for the same amount of goods!