Finny logo
Finny logo
Dibs:
Dibs:
Discuss
💸 Share your money-saving tips! What's easy and working for you?
Please do share your money-saving tips and hacks with the community here. What's worked well and is super easy to do? Also, any new ideas that could help jogs more ideas? We'll take them all :) And every now and then, we'll feature one of your tips in Finny's The Gist newsletter.
❤️
+ Emoji
Here's an obvious one. If you're still using cable for TV, cut the cord. We did this and play 1/10th of what we were paying before. As long as you have a smart TV that connects to the internet, you can get access to lots of free channels.
👍
+ Emoji
Here's a super easy one I learned from Melanie@ Partners in Fire : Add water to your shampoos and liquid soaps. Most of them are super concentrated. Simply adding water will help to make them last longer. I didn't think this would save us much, but with 2 kids and a lot more hand-washing, we noticed the expense adds up!
💡
🤣
+ Emoji
T
Try a savings challenge for a month. My wife and I are doing a 6 month savings challenge and we hope to get rid of 1 credit card and 1 personal loan debt by the end of it. I've heard of people doing spending-freeze challenges, it's basically the same thing, just said a different way. Just make sure to announce to people around you're doing it so they can join you (that way everyone holds each other accountable) or not invite you to do things that make you spend money!
💡
+ Emoji
B
@Trevor330 On the spending freeze idea, we are thinking of trying a no-spend challenge for a month. Idea is to choose a category to not spend money like take-out food to ease into it, but we're thinking of doing a complete no-spend challenge on anything that isn't a must-have.
+ Emoji
C
Not a novel concept but auto-saving. I switched to a bank that makes this easy and it's nice to see how much gets saved after a few months.
+ Emoji