Finny logo
Dibs:
Dibs:
Discuss
S
How are you investing in stocks or sectors to gain in $2 trillion infrastructure plan?
I'm researching sectors, stocks and funds that could gain thanks to the massive infrastructure plan. EV and clean energy / tech are obvious to me and there are a bunch of others. If you believe, how are you investing here? Funds or stocks? I get there is no right way, so I'm wondering how you're setting yourself up so I can pick up a new idea or two here!
+ Emoji
D
Good question. I had already been looking into investing in long term themes - many of which already overlap with the direction on infrastructure. The best way for me to get into it is through a fund, and for me that's EV or 5G tech with specific funds like IDRV, DRIV and FIVG. The last thing I want to do is manage single stocks or change up my current allocation, so I'm adding new money into these themes. It's a lot easier to manage for me this way.
👍
+ Emoji
Really depends on how hands-on you are with your investments, how much you know of the space, and how high your conviction is! One easy way to play this is to consider investing in a low-cost purely domestic /US infrastructure ETF like PAVE or GII. If you did this, I would highly advise you to read through the fact sheets & details carefully to understand the specific objective/strategy/holdings of these funds because likely they are all very different.
👍
💡
+ Emoji
S
@Vinny869 Good tip here to go with an infra fund instead. I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of that before.
+ Emoji
H
ESG or sustainable funds are well-positioned here, specifically those that are US-based and focus on climate change. ESG funds are aplenty now and so it's not a matter of access but more understanding each of the funds differences.
💡
+ Emoji
F
Sector investing isn't for everyone but I'm of the belief that some sectors will benefit. Industrials, utilities and basic materials are a few that I'm thinking of. Coincidentally these are also sectors also do well in inflationary periods. I would look into Sector SPDR ETFs or Fidelity Sector funds.
💡
+ Emoji
A
@Frank241 I'm all for basic materials and looking for investments here. Vulcan Materials $VMC is a good one.
💡
+ Emoji