Finny logo
Finny logo
Dibs:
Dibs:
Discuss
What's your top financial goal(s) for 2021?
I'm Jess, a community manager here! Curious what your top financial goal is for 2021? If you're willing to share, please do. Nice to see what others are thinking and planning, and maybe your responses will help jog ideas or motivate some of us too. Emoji vote for the one you like the most! Here's mine: sell my car. I bought a new car 4 years ago and have been on the fence for the better part of this year about selling it. The reality is that I don't use it much and more importantly, I do not foresee much use in the future. Hoping to be able to sell for a decent price...
💡
+ Emoji
L
Mine is to stay within my wedding budget...sorting it as we speak. Getting married at a time when we're not sure about how coronavirus will play out is tricky. Determined to stay within the budget!
👍
❤️
+ Emoji
A
Pay off at least half of my student loans (have only 30k in fed and private loans). This year I was able to get a handle on rates. next year is all about paying them down.
❤️
💡
+ Emoji
M
@Abe353, Same here. I'd like to pay down as much as I can next year. I'm rooting for loan forgiveness, although not betting on it.
+ Emoji
Reflecting on this year, I was stressed all the time - about saving more money, about the work at home situation, kid's school, and less about unwinding when I needed to. We saved more this year than in prior years and feel fortunate about it. 2021 will be the year I reward myself every now and then (and not feel guilty afterwards)!
❤️
+ Emoji
A
Mine is to save on health insurance. I'm paying like 2 grand a month for me and my family. That's my biggest expense by far.
❤️
👍
💡
+ Emoji
C
Invest for the first time. Learning and watching now.
👍
+ Emoji
J
To pay off my credit card bills.
❤️
+ Emoji
@Joye655, I'm with you on that!
❤️
+ Emoji
Start budgeting... again. We had years ago and then stopped. Other than the changes brought on by covid-19, we had a lot of stuff going on in the family -- namely career and super needy kids -- so we need to get back on the budgeting bandwagon.
👍
+ Emoji
A
Would love to get promoted and get a raise! I feel I've worked harder and put in more hours this year than ever.
❤️
+ Emoji
A
@Anika132 That's me too!
+ Emoji
Get more hands on with investing and learn what other options there are to squeeze out more return for the same risk.
💡
+ Emoji
A
Go full-time on my side gig! Started doing local food delivery to those in need when the pandemic started and now it's growing!
👍
❤️
+ Emoji
One of my top priorities is to get a will done and start thinking about estate planning!
👍
💡
+ Emoji
J
Brush up my resume and get my Linkedin profile in order. Been putting this off for need to invest time to updating this. As they say "biggest investment is in yourself."
❤️
💡
+ Emoji
S
I just got married in September so my husband and I have a goal to track our spending and be more deliberate about saving for retirement and travel. We are both older (55 and 60) and accustomed to making our own money decisions so this is an important part oflearning to budget and make decisions as a couple.
❤️
👍
+ Emoji