Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
13 important things you should know about ALPS EDOG ETF
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for EDOG “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "EDOG quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on EDOG "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "EDOG". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell EDOG? Or perhaps you’re looking for EDOG fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this EDOG ETF review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: EDOG performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: EDOG buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in EDOG ETF;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to EDOG.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe ALPS Emerging Sector Dividend Dogs ETF (EDOG).
- What is EDOG underlying index?
- What are EDOG holdings?
- What is EDOG performance? What are EDOG historical returns?
- How many up and down years did EDOG have historically?
- What is EDOG dividend yield?
- What is EDOG tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is EDOG beta? How would you assess EDOG risk?
- What is EDOG Sharpe ratio?
- What is EDOG Finny Score? EDOG buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in EDOG? What are EDOG buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in EDOG? What are EDOG sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe ALPS Emerging Sector Dividend Dogs ETF (EDOG).
The Fund seeks investment results that replicate as closely as possible the performance of the S-Network Emerging Sector Dividend Dogs Index. It is a rules-based index intended to give investors a means of tracking the overall performance of the highest dividend paying stocks in the S-Network Emerging Markets Index.
3. What are EDOG top holdings?
EDOG has 50 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 23.69% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|China International Marine Containers (Group) Co Ltd Class H||02039||2.69%|
|PT Astra International Tbk||ASII||2.50%|
|Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico SAB de CV ADR||PAC.MX||2.35%|
|Tiger Brands Ltd||TBS.JO||2.35%|
|Ford Otomotiv Sanayi AS||FROTO||2.34%|
|Infosys Ltd ADR||INFY.BO||2.34%|
|Top Glove Corp Bhd||7113||2.31%|
|Ternium SA ADR||TX.MX||2.30%|
|Wipro Ltd ADR||WIT.BO||2.28%|
|Severstal PAO GDR||SVST||2.23%|
4. What is EDOG performance? What are EDOG historical returns?
EDOG has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -2.32%;
- 3-month return is 6.64%;
- 1-year return is 37.30%;
- 3-year return is 9.95%;
- 5-year return is 6.41%.
5. How many up and down years did EDOG have historically?
In the last 10 years, EDOG had 3 up years and 3 down years.
6. What is EDOG dividend yield?
EDOG yield is 2.65%.
7. What is EDOG tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.24%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.82%.
8. What is EDOG beta? How would you assess EDOG risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.14;
- 5-year beta is 1.14.
10. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 25. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 25.
11. What are the pros of investing in EDOG? What are EDOG buy reasons?
The following are EDOG strengths from our perspective:
- EDOG 3-year return is 9.95%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 9.8%.
12. What are the cons of investing in EDOG? What are EDOG negatives?
The following are EDOG weaknesses from our perspective:
- EDOG net assets are $25.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- EDOG 5-year return is 6.41%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 10.89%.
- EDOG expense ratio is 0.6%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?