7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about ALPS ENFR ETF
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for ENFR “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ENFR quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ENFR "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ENFR". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ENFR? Or perhaps you’re looking for ENFR fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ENFR ETF review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ENFR performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ENFR buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ENFR ETF;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ENFR.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Alerian Energy Infrastructure ETF (ENFR).
- What is ENFR underlying index?
- What are ENFR holdings?
- What is ENFR performance? What are ENFR historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ENFR have historically?
- What is ENFR dividend yield?
- What is ENFR expense ratio?
- What is ENFR tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ENFR beta? How would you assess ENFR risk?
- What is ENFR Sharpe ratio?
- What is ENFR Finny Score? ENFR buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ENFR? What are ENFR buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ENFR? What are ENFR sell reasons?
- Compare and contrast: ENFR vs AMLP.
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Alerian Energy Infrastructure ETF (ENFR).
The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the price and yield performance of its underlying index, the Alerian Energy Infrastructure Index which comprises of 30 equity securities of issuers headquartered in the U.S.A and Canada that engage in the transportation, storage, and processing of energy commodities.
3. What are ENFR top holdings?
ENFR has 34 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 68.59% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Enterprise Products Partners LP||EPD||8.92%|
|Kinder Morgan Inc Class P||KMI||8.15%|
|Williams Companies Inc||WMB||6.39%|
|Cheniere Energy Inc||LNG||5.63%|
|Energy Transfer LP||ET||5.49%|
|Pembina Pipeline Corp||PPL.TO||5.19%|
|Plains GP Holdings LP Class A||PAGP||4.60%|
4. What is ENFR performance? What are ENFR historical returns?
ENFR has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -8.89%;
- 3-month return is -8.53%;
- 1-year return is -32.46%;
- 3-year return is -12.93%;
- 5-year return is -4.82%.
5. How many up and down years did ENFR have historically?
In the last 10 years, ENFR had 3 up years and 3 down years.
6. What is ENFR dividend yield?
ENFR yield is 9.04%.
7. What is ENFR expense ratio?
ENFR expense ratio is 0.65%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. What is ENFR tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.86%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.16%.
9. What is ENFR beta? How would you assess ENFR risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.82;
- 5-year beta is 1.65.
11. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
12. What are the pros of investing in ENFR? What are ENFR buy reasons?
There are no apparent reasons to buy ENFR.
13. What are the cons of investing in ENFR? What are ENFR negatives?
The following are ENFR weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ENFR net assets</strong> are $27.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ENFR 3-year return</strong> is -12.93%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 7.28%.
- <strong>ENFR 5-year return</strong> is -4.82%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 9.67%.
- <strong>ENFR expense ratio</strong> is 0.65%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
14. Compare and contrast: ENFR vs AMLP.
Both ENFR and AMLP are ETFs. ENFR has a higher 5-year return than AMLP (-4.82% vs -13.8%). ENFR has a lower expense ratio than AMLP (0.65% vs 0.87%). Below is the comparison between ENFR and AMLP.
|Segment||Equity: U.S. MLPs||Equity: U.S. MLPs|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||passive (index-based)|
|Underlying Index||Alerian Energy Infrastructure Index||Alerian MLP Infrastructure Index|
AMLP profile: The Fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance of its underlying index, the Alerian MLP Infrastructure Index. The Index is intended to give investors a means of tracking the overall performance of the United States energy infrastructure MLP asset class.
For further information, check out ENFR vs AMLP comparison details.