No bull case arguments.
Before we start: if you’re looking for EQL “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "EQL quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on EQL "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "EQL". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell EQL? Or perhaps you’re looking for EQL fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this EQL ETF review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: EQL performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: EQL buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in EQL ETF;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to EQL.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe ALPS Equal Sector Weight ETF (EQL).
- What is EQL underlying index?
- What are EQL holdings?
- What is EQL performance? What are EQL historical returns?
- What is EQL dividend yield?
- What is EQL Finny Score? EQL buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in EQL? What are EQL buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in EQL? What are EQL sell reasons?
- Compare and contrast: EQL vs VTI.
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe ALPS Equal Sector Weight ETF (EQL).
The Fund seeks investment results that replicate as closely as possible the performance of the Merrill Lynch Equal Sector Weight Index. The Index is comprised, in equal weights, of nine sub-indices covering various sectors including Consumer, Technology, Energy, Utilities, Financial, Industrial and Health Care.
3. What are EQL top holdings?
EQL has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 91.98% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Utilities Select Sector SPDRÂ® ETF||XLU||9.95%|
|Communication Services Sel Sect SPDRÂ®ETF||XLC||9.41%|
|Consumer Discret Sel Sect SPDRÂ® ETF||XLY||9.28%|
|Technology Select Sector SPDRÂ® ETF||XLK||9.26%|
|Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDRÂ® ETF||XLP||9.13%|
|Financial Select Sector SPDRÂ® ETF||XLF||9.03%|
|Health Care Select Sector SPDRÂ® ETF||XLV||8.99%|
|Industrial Select Sector SPDRÂ® ETF||XLI||8.99%|
|Materials Select Sector SPDRÂ® ETF||XLB||8.98%|
|Real Estate Select Sector SPDRÂ®||XLRE||8.96%|
4. What is EQL performance? What are EQL historical returns?
EQL has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.73%;
- 3-month return is 3.12%;
- 1-year return is 26.50%;
- 3-year return is 18.51%;
- 5-year return is 14.74%;
- 10-year return is 14.80%.
5. What is EQL dividend yield?
EQL yield is 1.77%.
6. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
7. What are the pros of investing in EQL? What are EQL buy reasons?
There are no apparent reasons to buy EQL.
8. What are the cons of investing in EQL? What are EQL negatives?
The following are EQL weaknesses from our perspective:
- EQL net assets are $212.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- EQL 3-year return is 18.51%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 23.5%.
- EQL 5-year return is 14.74%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 18.53%.
- EQL 10-year return is 14.8%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 17.33%.
9. Compare and contrast: EQL vs VTI.
Both EQL and VTI are ETFs.
EQL has a higher 5-year return than VTI (14.74% vs %).
EQL has a higher expense ratio than VTI (0.28% vs 0.03%).
|Segment||Equity: U.S. - Large Cap||Equity: U.S. - Total Market|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||passive (index-based)|
|Underlying Index||Bank of America Securities - Merrill Lynch Equal Sector Weight Index||CRSP US Total Market Index|
VTI profile: The Fund seeks to track the performance of a benchmark index that measures the investment return of the overall stock market. The Fund employs an indexing investment approach to track the performance of the CRSP US Total Market Index. The Fund invests by holding a collection of securities that approximates the Index.
For further information, check out EQL vs VTI comparison details.