Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about ALPS IDOG ETF
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
Before we start: if you’re looking for IDOG “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "IDOG quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on IDOG "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "IDOG". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell IDOG? Or perhaps you’re looking for IDOG fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this IDOG ETF review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: IDOG performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: IDOG buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in IDOG ETF;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to IDOG.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe ALPS International Sector Dividend Dogs ETF (IDOG).
- What is IDOG underlying index?
- What are IDOG holdings?
- What is IDOG performance? What are IDOG historical returns?
- How many up and down years did IDOG have historically?
- What is IDOG dividend yield?
- What is IDOG expense ratio?
- What is IDOG tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is IDOG beta? How would you assess IDOG risk?
- What is IDOG Sharpe ratio?
- What is IDOG Finny Score? IDOG buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in IDOG? What are IDOG buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in IDOG? What are IDOG sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe ALPS International Sector Dividend Dogs ETF (IDOG).
The Fund seeks to replicate as closely as possible, before fees and expenses, the performance of the S-Network International Sector Dividend Dogs Index. The Underlying Index is a rules-based index intended to give investors a means of tracking the overall performance of the highest dividend paying stocks.
3. What are IDOG top holdings?
IDOG has 50 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 22.64% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Tokyo Electron Ltd||8035||2.39%|
|National Grid PLC||NG..L||2.37%|
|FUJIFILM Holdings Corp||4901||2.33%|
|National Australia Bank Ltd||NAB.AX||2.28%|
|Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd||ANZ.AX||2.25%|
|Japan Tobacco Inc||2914||2.18%|
|Hennes & Mauritz AB B||HM B||2.17%|
4. What is IDOG performance? What are IDOG historical returns?
IDOG has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 4.10%;
- 3-month return is 7.99%;
- 1-year return is 41.44%;
- 3-year return is 4.73%;
- 5-year return is 7.99%.
5. How many up and down years did IDOG have historically?
In the last 10 years, IDOG had 3 up years and 4 down years.
6. What is IDOG dividend yield?
IDOG yield is 2.92%.
7. What is IDOG expense ratio?
IDOG expense ratio is 0.5%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. What is IDOG tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.29%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.74%.
9. What is IDOG beta? How would you assess IDOG risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.07;
- 5-year beta is 1.05.
11. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
12. What are the pros of investing in IDOG? What are IDOG buy reasons?
There are no apparent reasons to buy IDOG.
13. What are the cons of investing in IDOG? What are IDOG negatives?
The following are IDOG weaknesses from our perspective:
- IDOG net assets are $170.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- IDOG 3-year return is 4.73%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 6.67%.
- IDOG 5-year return is 7.99%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 10.24%.