Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
13 important things you should know about ALPS SBIO ETF
Before we start: if you’re looking for SBIO “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SBIO quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SBIO "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SBIO". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SBIO? Or perhaps you’re looking for SBIO fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SBIO ETF review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SBIO performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SBIO buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SBIO ETF;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SBIO.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe ALPS Medical Breakthroughs ETF (SBIO).
- What is SBIO underlying index?
- What are SBIO holdings?
- What is SBIO performance? What are SBIO historical returns?
- How many up and down years did SBIO have historically?
- What is SBIO dividend yield?
- What is SBIO expense ratio?
- What is SBIO tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is SBIO beta? How would you assess SBIO risk?
- What is SBIO Sharpe ratio?
- What is SBIO Finny Score? SBIO buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SBIO? What are SBIO buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SBIO? What are SBIO sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe ALPS Medical Breakthroughs ETF (SBIO).
The Fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the performance of index, the Poliwogg Medical Breakthroughs. The Index is comprised of small- and mid-cap stocks of biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies that have one or more drugs in either Phase II or Phase III U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
3. What are SBIO top holdings?
SBIO has 70 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 36.70% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Acceleron Pharma Inc||XLRN||5.04%|
|United Therapeutics Corp||UTHR||4.77%|
|Mirati Therapeutics Inc||MRTX||3.83%|
|MorphoSys AG ADR||MOR.DE||3.67%|
|Global Blood Therapeutics Inc||GBT||3.61%|
|PTC Therapeutics Inc||PTCT||3.23%|
|bluebird bio Inc||BLUE||2.98%|
4. What is SBIO performance? What are SBIO historical returns?
SBIO has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 18.82%;
- 3-month return is -2.83%;
- 1-year return is 22.98%;
- 3-year return is 18.30%;
- 5-year return is 6.27%.
5. How many up and down years did SBIO have historically?
In the last 10 years, SBIO had 3 up years and 2 down years.
6. What is SBIO dividend yield?
SBIO yield is 0.04%.
7. What is SBIO expense ratio?
SBIO expense ratio is 0.5%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. What is SBIO tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.02%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.64%.
9. What is SBIO beta? How would you assess SBIO risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.32;
- 5-year beta is 1.46.
11. What is SBIO Finny Score? SBIO buy or sell?
SBIO Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy SBIO and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
12. What are the pros of investing in SBIO? What are SBIO buy reasons?
The following are SBIO strengths from our perspective:
- SBIO 3-year return is 18.3%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 3.17%.
- SBIO 5-year return is 6.27%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 3.6%.
13. What are the cons of investing in SBIO? What are SBIO negatives?
The following are SBIO weaknesses from our perspective:
- SBIO net assets are $183.82 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- SBIO 3-year Beta is 1.32, which is higher than the index (MSCI ACWI NR USD) 3-year beta, 1.00. The fund is perceived to be riskier than the comparable index based on the previous 3 years.
- SBIO 5-year Beta is 1.46, which is higher than the index (MSCI ACWI NR USD) 5-year beta, 1.00. The fund is perceived to be riskier than the comparable index based on the previous 5 years.