Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about ALPS SDOG ETF
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
Before we start: if you’re looking for SDOG “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SDOG quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SDOG "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SDOG". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SDOG? Or perhaps you’re looking for SDOG fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SDOG ETF review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SDOG performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SDOG buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SDOG ETF;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SDOG.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe ALPS Sector Dividend Dogs ETF (SDOG).
- What is SDOG underlying index?
- What are SDOG holdings?
- What is SDOG performance? What are SDOG historical returns?
- How many up and down years did SDOG have historically?
- What is SDOG dividend yield?
- What is SDOG expense ratio?
- What is SDOG tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is SDOG beta? How would you assess SDOG risk?
- What is SDOG Sharpe ratio?
- What is SDOG Finny Score? SDOG buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SDOG? What are SDOG buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SDOG? What are SDOG sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe ALPS Sector Dividend Dogs ETF (SDOG).
The Fund seeks investment results that replicate as closely as possible the performance of the S-Network Sector Dividend Dogs Index. The Index is a rules-based index intended to give investors a means of tracking the overall performance of the highest dividend paying stocks in the S&P 500 on a sector-by-sector basis.
3. What are SDOG top holdings?
SDOG has 50 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 22.37% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|WestRock Co A||WRK||2.32%|
|International Paper Co||IP||2.26%|
|Duke Energy Corp||DUK||2.23%|
|CenterPoint Energy Inc||CNP||2.19%|
|Huntington Bancshares Inc||HBAN||2.17%|
4. What is SDOG performance? What are SDOG historical returns?
SDOG has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -2.67%;
- 3-month return is 3.84%;
- 1-year return is 51.90%;
- 3-year return is 10.47%;
- 5-year return is 9.87%.
5. How many up and down years did SDOG have historically?
In the last 10 years, SDOG had 5 up years and 3 down years.
6. What is SDOG dividend yield?
SDOG yield is 3.07%.
7. What is SDOG expense ratio?
SDOG expense ratio is 0.4%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. What is SDOG tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.47%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.56%.
9. What is SDOG beta? How would you assess SDOG risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.15;
- 5-year beta is 1.15.
11. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
12. What are the pros of investing in SDOG? What are SDOG buy reasons?
There are no apparent reasons to buy SDOG.
13. What are the cons of investing in SDOG? What are SDOG negatives?
The following are SDOG weaknesses from our perspective:
- SDOG 3-year return is 10.47%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 19.06%.
- SDOG 5-year return is 9.87%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 17.9%.