7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
14 important things you should know about ARK ARKG ETF
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for ARKG “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ARKG quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ARKG "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ARKG". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ARKG? Or perhaps you’re looking for ARKG fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ARKG ETF review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ARKG performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ARKG buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ARKG ETF;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ARKG.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe ARK Genomic Revolution Multi-Sector ETF (ARKG).
- What is ARKG underlying index?
- What are ARKG holdings?
- What is ARKG performance? What are ARKG historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ARKG have historically?
- What is ARKG dividend yield?
- What is ARKG expense ratio?
- What is ARKG tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ARKG beta? How would you assess ARKG risk?
- What is ARKG Sharpe ratio?
- What is ARKG Finny Score? ARKG buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ARKG? What are ARKG buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ARKG? What are ARKG sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe ARK Genomic Revolution Multi-Sector ETF (ARKG).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund is an actively-managed exchange-traded fund that will invest under normal circumstances primarily in domestic and foreign equity securities of companies across multiple sectors, including healthcare, information technology, materials, energy and consumer discretionary.
3. What are ARKG top holdings?
ARKG has 35 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 58.83% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|CRISPR Therapeutics AG||CRSP||9.38%|
|Arcturus Therapeutics Holdings Inc||ARCT||6.96%|
|Intellia Therapeutics Inc||NTLA||4.18%|
|Iovance Biotherapeutics Inc||IOVA||3.92%|
|Editas Medicine Inc||EDIT||3.65%|
|Cellectis SA ADR||CLLS.PA||3.51%|
4. What is ARKG performance? What are ARKG historical returns?
ARKG has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.97%;
- 3-month return is 24.67%;
- 1-year return is 96.60%;
- 3-year return is 34.54%;
- 5-year return is 24.54%.
5. How many up and down years did ARKG have historically?
In the last 10 years, ARKG had 2 up years and 3 down years. See Performances
6. What is ARKG dividend yield?
ARKG yield is 2.53%.
7. What is ARKG expense ratio?
ARKG expense ratio is 0.75%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. What is ARKG tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.36%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.15%.
9. What is ARKG beta? How would you assess ARKG risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.55;
- 5-year beta is 1.55.
11. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
12. What are the pros of investing in ARKG? What are ARKG buy reasons?
The following are ARKG strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ARKG 3-year return</strong> is 34.54%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.21%.
- <strong>ARKG 5-year return</strong> is 24.54%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 10.45%.
13. What are the cons of investing in ARKG? What are ARKG negatives?
The following are ARKG weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ARKG net assets</strong> are $886.97 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ARKG expense ratio</strong> is 0.75%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?