Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about ARK ARKQ ETF
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for ARKQ “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ARKQ quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ARKQ "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ARKQ". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ARKQ? Or perhaps you’re looking for ARKQ fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ARKQ ETF review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ARKQ performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ARKQ buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ARKQ ETF;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ARKQ.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe ARK Industrial Innovation ETF (ARKQ).
- What is ARKQ underlying index?
- What are ARKQ holdings?
- What is ARKQ performance? What are ARKQ historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ARKQ have historically?
- What is ARKQ dividend yield?
- What is ARKQ expense ratio?
- What is ARKQ tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ARKQ beta? How would you assess ARKQ risk?
- What is ARKQ Sharpe ratio?
- What is ARKQ Finny Score? ARKQ buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ARKQ? What are ARKQ buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ARKQ? What are ARKQ sell reasons?
- Compare and contrast: ARKQ vs ARKK.
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe ARK Industrial Innovation ETF (ARKQ).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund will invest primarily in domestic and foreign equity securities of companies that are relevant to the Funds investment theme of industrial innovation. It will be concentrated in issuers in groups of industries in the industrials and information technology sectors.
3. What are ARKQ top holdings?
ARKQ has 35 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 61.00% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Proto Labs Inc||PRLB||8.55%|
|Materialise NV ADR||MTLS||6.71%|
4. What is ARKQ performance? What are ARKQ historical returns?
ARKQ has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 6.68%;
- 3-month return is 25.30%;
- 1-year return is 84.07%;
- 3-year return is 25.67%;
- 5-year return is 28.01%.
5. How many up and down years did ARKQ have historically?
In the last 10 years, ARKQ had 3 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
6. What is ARKQ dividend yield?
ARKQ yield is 0%.
7. What is ARKQ expense ratio?
ARKQ expense ratio is 0.75%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. What is ARKQ tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.51%.
9. What is ARKQ beta? How would you assess ARKQ risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.36;
- 5-year beta is 1.40.
11. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
12. What are the pros of investing in ARKQ? What are ARKQ buy reasons?
The following are ARKQ strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ARKQ 3-year return</strong> is 25.67%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.21%.
- <strong>ARKQ 5-year return</strong> is 28.01%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 10.45%.
13. What are the cons of investing in ARKQ? What are ARKQ negatives?
The following are ARKQ weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ARKQ net assets</strong> are $209.18 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ARKQ expense ratio</strong> is 0.75%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
14. Compare and contrast: ARKQ vs ARKK.
Both ARKQ and ARKK are ETFs. ARKQ has a lower 5-year return than ARKK (28.01% vs 37%). ARKQ and ARKK have the same expense ratio (0.75%). Below is the comparison between ARKQ and ARKK.
|Segment||Equity: Global Technology||Equity: Global - Total Market|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||passive (index-based)|
ARKK profile: The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund is an actively-managed exchange-traded fund that will invest under normal circumstances primarily (at least 65% of its assets) in domestic and foreign equity securities of companies that are relevant to the Funds investment theme of disruptive innovation.
For further information, check out ARKQ vs ARKK comparison details.