Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
13 important things you should know about BlackRock AIA ETF
Before we start: if you’re looking for AIA “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AIA quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AIA "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AIA". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AIA? Or perhaps you’re looking for AIA fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AIA ETF review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AIA performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AIA buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AIA ETF;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AIA.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe iShares Asia 50 ETF (AIA).
- What is AIA underlying index?
- What are AIA holdings?
- What is AIA performance? What are AIA historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AIA have historically?
- What is AIA dividend yield?
- What is AIA expense ratio?
- What is AIA tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AIA beta? How would you assess AIA risk?
- What is AIA Sharpe ratio?
- What is AIA Finny Score? AIA buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AIA? What are AIA buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AIA? What are AIA sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe iShares Asia 50 ETF (AIA).
The Fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the S&P Asia 50 Index (the "Underlying Index"). The Fund seeks to measure the performance of the 50 leading companies from four Asian countries: Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan.
3. What are AIA top holdings?
AIA has 51 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 61.81% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||16.28%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||11.66%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||9.93%|
|AIA Group Ltd||01299.HK||6.33%|
|China Construction Bank Corp Class H||00939||4.47%|
|Industrial And Commercial Bank Of China Ltd Class H||01398||3.10%|
|Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd Class H||02318||3.05%|
|China Mobile Ltd||00941||2.38%|
|SK Hynix Inc||000660.KS||2.13%|
4. What is AIA performance? What are AIA historical returns?
AIA has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.66%;
- 3-month return is -13.13%;
- 1-year return is -0.24%;
- 3-year return is 3.15%;
- 5-year return is 3.94%;
- 10-year return is 6.51%.
5. How many up and down years did AIA have historically?
In the last 10 years, AIA had 7 up years and 3 down years.
6. What is AIA dividend yield?
AIA yield is 2.49%.
7. What is AIA expense ratio?
AIA expense ratio is 0.5%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. What is AIA tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.75%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.67%.
9. What is AIA beta? How would you assess AIA risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.02;
- 5-year beta is 1.08;
- 10-year beta is 0.96.
11. What is AIA Finny Score? AIA buy or sell?
AIA Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy AIA and 0 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
12. What are the pros of investing in AIA? What are AIA buy reasons?
The following are AIA strengths from our perspective:
- AIA 3-year return is 3.15%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), -2.17%.
- AIA 5-year return is 3.94%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), -1.08%.
- AIA 10-year return is 6.51%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 3.33%.
13. What are the cons of investing in AIA? What are AIA negatives?
There are no visible red flags.