Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about VanEck ANGL ETF
Before we start: if you’re looking for ANGL “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ANGL quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ANGL "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ANGL". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ANGL? Or perhaps you’re looking for ANGL fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ANGL ETF review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ANGL performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ANGL buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ANGL ETF;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ANGL.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe VanEck Vectors Fallen Angel High Yield Bond (ANGL).
- What is ANGL underlying index?
- What are ANGL holdings?
- What is ANGL performance? What are ANGL historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ANGL have historically?
- What is ANGL dividend yield?
- What is ANGL expense ratio?
- What is ANGL tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ANGL beta? How would you assess ANGL risk?
- What is ANGL Sharpe ratio?
- What is ANGL Finny Score? ANGL buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ANGL? What are ANGL buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ANGL? What are ANGL sell reasons?
- Compare and contrast: ANGL vs FALN.
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe VanEck Vectors Fallen Angel High Yield Bond (ANGL).
The Fund seeks to replicate as closely as possible the performance of the BofA Merrill Lynch US Fallen Angel High Yield Index. The Index is comprised of below investment grade corporate bonds denominated in US dollar and were rated investment grade at the time of issuance.
3. What are ANGL top holdings?
ANGL has 2 stock holdings and 304 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 18.55% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Sprint Capital Corporation 6.88%||N/A||2.67%|
|Sprint Capital Corporation 8.75%||N/A||2.50%|
|Vodafone Group plc 7%||N/A||2.01%|
|Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. 5.02%||N/A||1.91%|
|Newell Brands Inc. 4.2%||N/A||1.84%|
|FREEPORT-MCMORAN INC 3.88%||N/A||1.78%|
|FREEPORT-MCMORAN INC 5.45%||N/A||1.60%|
|FREEPORT-MCMORAN INC 3.55%||N/A||1.46%|
|Embarq Corporation 8%||N/A||1.39%|
|Kraft Heinz Foods Company 4.38%||N/A||1.39%|
4. What is ANGL performance? What are ANGL historical returns?
ANGL has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -2.24%;
- 3-month return is -11.70%;
- 1-year return is -2.38%;
- 3-year return is 1.84%;
- 5-year return is 4.91%.
5. How many up and down years did ANGL have historically?
In the last 10 years, ANGL had 5 up years and 2 down years.
6. What is ANGL dividend yield?
ANGL yield is 5.74%.
7. What is ANGL expense ratio?
ANGL expense ratio is 0.35%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. What is ANGL tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.12%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.21%.
9. What is ANGL beta? How would you assess ANGL risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.38;
- 5-year beta is 0.53.
11. What is ANGL Finny Score? ANGL buy or sell?
ANGL Finny Score is 75. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy ANGL and 1 reason to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 75.
12. What are the pros of investing in ANGL? What are ANGL buy reasons?
The following are ANGL strengths from our perspective:
- ANGL 5-year return is 4.91%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 3.85%.
- ANGL 3-year Beta is 0.38, which is inversely correlated with the index (BBgBarc US Agg Bond TR USD). The could be good if you're trying to hedge your portfolio.
- ANGL 5-year Beta is 0.53, which is inversely correlated with the index (BBgBarc US Agg Bond TR USD). The could be good if you're trying to hedge your portfolio.
13. What are the cons of investing in ANGL? What are ANGL negatives?
The following are ANGL weaknesses from our perspective:
- ANGL 3-year return is 1.84%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 5.14%.
14. Compare and contrast: ANGL vs FALN.
Both ANGL and FALN are ETFs. ANGL has a higher expense ratio than FALN (0.35% vs 0.25%). Below is the comparison between ANGL and FALN.
|Segment||Fixed Income: U.S. - Corporate High Yield||Fixed Income: U.S. - Corporate High Yield|
|Management Style||passive (index-based)||passive (index-based)|
|Underlying Index||BofA Merrill Lynch US Fallen Angel High Yield Index||Bloomberg Barclays US High Yield Fallen Angel 3% Capped Index|
FALN profile: The Fund seeks to track the investment results of an index composed of US dollar-denominated, high yield corporate bonds that were previously rated investment grade. It seeks to track the Barclays US High Yield Fallen Angel 3% Capped Index. Bonds are market value weighted with a 3% cap on each issuer.
For further information, check out ANGL vs FALN comparison details.