Get 3 actionable money tips every week. Sign up for the tips now!
Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. (AAOI) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. (AAOI) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 1 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell AAOI stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AAOI stock:
- Is AAOI a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AAOI stock today?
- Is AAOI a good buy / investment?
- What are AAOI analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy AAOI stock:
1. AAOI Price/Book ratio is 0.61, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/B ratios. See AAOI forward Price/Book ratio chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell AAOI stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. AAOI stock price ($12.15) is at the 52-week high. Perhaps now is a good time to sell? See AAOI price chart.
2. AAOI quarterly revenue growth was -50.60%, lower than the industry and sector average revenue growth (3.52% and 3.68%, respectively). See AAOI revenue growth chart.
3. AAOI profitability is declining. The YoY profit margin change was -20.14 percentage points. See AAOI profitability chart.
4. AAOI average analyst price target ($10.07) is below its current price ($12.15). See AAOI price target chart.
5. AAOI short share of float is 49.82%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AAOI short share of float chart.
6. AAOI short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 20.35. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AAOI short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for AAOI:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$10.07 / -13.45%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Hold|
|Number of Employees||2,956|
|Forward P/E Ratio||-26.58|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||-50.6%|
What are your thoughts on AAOI?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.