Get 3 actionable money tips every week. Sign up for the tips now!
Ameris Bancorp (ABCB) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of Ameris Bancorp (ABCB) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 6 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell ABCB stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about ABCB stock:
- Is ABCB a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold ABCB stock today?
- Is ABCB a good buy / investment?
- What are ABCB analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy ABCB stock:
1. ABCB quarterly revenue growth was 68.80%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (5.28% and 3.46%, respectively). See ABCB revenue growth chart.
2. ABCB profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 8.81 percentage points. See ABCB profitability chart.
3. ABCB forward dividend yield is 1.40%, higher than the industry (1.08%) and sector (0.71%) forward dividend yields. See ABCB forward dividend chart.
4. ABCB forward P/E ratio is 10.29, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See ABCB forward P/E ratio chart.
5. ABCB PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 1.41, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See ABCB PEG chart.
6. ABCB average analyst rating is Buy. See ABCB analyst rating chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell ABCB stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. ABCB stock price ($44.30) is close to the 52-week high ($44.59). Perhaps now is a good time to sell? See ABCB price chart.
2. ABCB Price/Sales ratio is 5.11, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios. See ABCB forward Price/Sales ratio chart.
3. ABCB short share of float is 4.29%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See ABCB short share of float chart.
4. ABCB short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 3.53. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See ABCB short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for ABCB:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$47.79 / 7.45%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Buy|
|Industry||Banks - Regional - US|
|Number of Employees||1,804|
|Forward P/E Ratio||10.29|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||68.8%|
What are your thoughts on ABCB?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.