Get 3 actionable money tips every week. Sign up for the tips now!
ABIOMED, Inc. (ABMD) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of ABIOMED, Inc. (ABMD) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 4 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell ABMD stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about ABMD stock:
- Is ABMD a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold ABMD stock today?
- Is ABMD a good buy / investment?
- What are ABMD analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy ABMD stock:
1. ABMD quarterly revenue growth was 12.80%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (4.04% and 2.50%, respectively). See ABMD revenue growth chart.
2. ABMD profitability is improving. The YoY profit margin change was 7.19 percentage points. See ABMD profitability chart.
3. ABMD PEG ratio (P/E adjusted for growth) is 1.68, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ PEG ratios. See ABMD PEG chart.
4. ABMD average analyst rating is Buy. See ABMD analyst rating chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell ABMD stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. ABMD forward P/E ratio is 44.33, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See ABMD forward P/E ratio chart.
2. ABMD Price/Sales ratio is 11.99, and it’s high compared to its industry peers’ P/S ratios. See ABMD forward Price/Sales ratio chart.
3. ABMD short share of float is 7.36%. The stock is much more frequently shorted than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See ABMD short share of float chart.
4. ABMD short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 4.44. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See ABMD short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for ABMD:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$238.00 / 6.55%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Buy|
|Number of Employees||208|
|Forward P/E Ratio||44.33|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||12.8%|
What are your thoughts on ABMD?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.