Get 3 actionable money tips every week. Sign up for the tips now!
American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG) Buy or Sell Stock Guide
Are you looking for the analysis of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG) stock? Are you wondering what the bulls and the bears say about it?
If so, you came to the right place. In this stock guide, we will share with you 4 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell AFG stock. You’ll get a perspective on what the bulls and the bears say about it.
The analysis below may be also helpful to you if you have any of the following questions about AFG stock:
- Is AFG a buy or a sell?
- Should I sell or hold AFG stock today?
- Is AFG a good buy / investment?
- What are AFG analyst opinions, recommendations and ratings?
Let’s start with the bull case. Here are the reasons to buy AFG stock:
1. AFG quarterly revenue growth was 5.80%, higher than the industry and sector average revenue growth (5.59% and 3.47%, respectively). See AFG revenue growth chart.
2. AFG forward dividend yield is 1.63%, higher than the industry (1.11%) and sector (0.75%) forward dividend yields. See AFG forward dividend chart.
3. AFG forward P/E ratio is 12.13, and it’s low compared to its industry peers’ P/E ratios. See AFG forward P/E ratio chart.
4. AFG average analyst rating is Buy. See AFG analyst rating chart.
Now that you understand the bull case, let’s look at the reasons to sell AFG stock (i.e., the bear case):
1. AFG stock price ($114.45) is close to the 52-week high ($114.73). Perhaps now is a good time to sell? See AFG price chart.
2. AFG short interest (days to cover the shorts) ratio is 3.35. The stock garners more short interest than the average industry, sector or S&P 500 stock. See AFG short interest ratio chart.
Now let's look at the key statistics for AFG:
|Average Price Target / Upside||$122.75 / 14.18%|
|Average Analyst Rating||Buy|
|Forward Dividend Yield||1.59%|
|Industry||Insurance - Property & Casualty|
|Number of Employees||6,700|
|Forward P/E Ratio||12.12|
|YoY Quarterly Revenue Growth||27.30%|
What are your thoughts on AFG?
If you liked this analysis, check out Buy or Sell Stock Guides for other stocks.