7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Beacon AACIX mutual fund
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AACIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AACIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AACIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AACIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AACIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AACIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AACIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AACIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AACIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AACIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AACIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Mid-Cap Value Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AACIX).
- What are AACIX holdings?
- What is AACIX performance? What are AACIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AACIX have historically?
- What is AACIX dividend yield?
- What is AACIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AACIX expense ratio?
- Does AACIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AACIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AACIX beta? How would you assess AACIX risk?
- What is AACIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AACIX Finny Score? AACIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AACIX? What are AACIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AACIX? What are AACIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Mid-Cap Value Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AACIX).
The Fund seeks capital appreciation and current income by investing in securities of U.S. companies with market capitalizations similar to the market capitalizations of the companies in the Russell Midcap Index at the time of investment.
2. What are AACIX top holdings?
AACIX has 120 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 21.06% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|State Street Instl US Govt MMkt Slct||GVSXX||3.49%|
|Future on S&P Mid 400 Sep20||N/A||3.48%|
|Axis Capital Holdings Ltd||AXS||2.91%|
|Marvell Technology Group Ltd||MRVL||1.75%|
|MGM Growth Properties LLC A||MGP||1.75%|
|Fidelity National Financial Inc||FNF||1.47%|
|Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corp||WAB||1.44%|
|Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corp||VAC||1.30%|
|Ally Financial Inc||ALLY||1.29%|
3. What is AACIX performance? What are AACIX historical returns?
AACIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 8.21%;
- 3-month return is 13.83%;
- 1-year return is -5.26%;
- 3-year return is -0.81%;
- 5-year return is 4.49%;
- 10-year return is 8.79%.
4. How many up and down years did AACIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AACIX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AACIX dividend yield?
AACIX yield is 1.96%.
6. What is AACIX minimum initial investment amount?
AACIX minimum initial investment amount is $250.00K.
7. What is AACIX expense ratio?
AACIX expense ratio is 0.93%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AACIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AACIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AACIX front-end sales load is 0. AACIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AACIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.64%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.06%.
10. What is AACIX beta? How would you assess AACIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.40;
- 5-year beta is 1.39;
- 10-year beta is 1.29.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 33. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 33.
13. What are the pros of investing in AACIX? What are AACIX buy reasons?
The following are AACIX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AACIX 10-year return</strong> is 8.79%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Value TR USD), 9.57%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AACIX? What are AACIX negatives?
The following are AACIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AACIX net assets</strong> are $72.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AACIX 3-year return</strong> is -0.81%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Value TR USD), 2.39%.
- <strong>AACIX 5-year return</strong> is 4.49%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Value TR USD), 6.3%.
- <strong>AACIX expense ratio</strong> is 0.93%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?