Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Alger AAEMX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AAEMX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AAEMX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AAEMX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AAEMX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AAEMX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AAEMX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AAEMX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AAEMX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AAEMX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AAEMX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AAEMX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Alger Funds II: Alger Emerging Markets Fund; Class A Shares (AAEMX).
- What are AAEMX holdings?
- What is AAEMX performance? What are AAEMX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AAEMX have historically?
- What is AAEMX dividend yield?
- What is AAEMX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AAEMX expense ratio?
- Does AAEMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AAEMX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AAEMX beta? How would you assess AAEMX risk?
- What is AAEMX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AAEMX Finny Score? AAEMX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AAEMX? What are AAEMX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AAEMX? What are AAEMX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Alger Funds II: Alger Emerging Markets Fund; Class A Shares (AAEMX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. Under normal circumstances, the Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets, plus any borrowings for investment purposes, in equity securities, including common stocks, American Depositary Receipts and Global Depositary Receipts, of emerging country issuers.
2. What are AAEMX top holdings?
AAEMX has 93 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 41.67% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||8.51%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||7.26%|
|JD.com Inc ADR||JD||3.97%|
|Sany Heavy Industry Co Ltd||600031||3.37%|
|Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd||00388.HK||3.31%|
|Reliance Industries Ltd||RELIANCE.B||3.25%|
|Geely Automobile Holdings Ltd||00175||3.10%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||2.81%|
3. What is AAEMX performance? What are AAEMX historical returns?
AAEMX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -6.39%;
- 3-month return is 2.75%;
- 1-year return is 2.75%;
- 3-year return is 9.90%;
- 5-year return is 13.90%;
- 10-year return is 4.81%.
4. How many up and down years did AAEMX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AAEMX had 6 up years and 4 down years.
5. What is AAEMX dividend yield?
AAEMX yield is 0%.
6. What is AAEMX minimum initial investment amount?
AAEMX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AAEMX expense ratio?
AAEMX expense ratio is 1.53%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AAEMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AAEMX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AAEMX front-end sales load is 5.25. AAEMX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AAEMX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.9%.
10. What is AAEMX beta? How would you assess AAEMX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.13;
- 5-year beta is 1.13.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in AAEMX? What are AAEMX buy reasons?
The following are AAEMX strengths from our perspective:
- AAEMX 3-year return is 9.9%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 7.1%.
- AAEMX 5-year return is 13.9%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 12.72%.
- AAEMX 10-year return is 4.81%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.7%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AAEMX? What are AAEMX negatives?
The following are AAEMX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AAEMX net assets are $5.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AAEMX expense ratio is 1.53%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.