Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Funds AANTX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AANTX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AANTX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AANTX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AANTX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AANTX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AANTX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AANTX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AANTX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AANTX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AANTX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AANTX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2060 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class A Shares (AANTX).
- What are AANTX holdings?
- What is AANTX performance? What are AANTX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AANTX have historically?
- What is AANTX dividend yield?
- What is AANTX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AANTX expense ratio?
- Does AANTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AANTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AANTX beta? How would you assess AANTX risk?
- What is AANTX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AANTX Finny Score? AANTX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AANTX? What are AANTX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AANTX? What are AANTX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2060 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class A Shares (AANTX).
The Fund seeks to provide for investors that plan to retire in 2060. Depending on its proximity to its target date, the Fund will seek to achieve the following: growth, income and conservation of capital. Each Fund will attempt to achieve its investment objectives by investing in a mix of American Funds.
2. What are AANTX top holdings?
AANTX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 74.14% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||9.00%|
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||8.99%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||8.00%|
|American Funds Fundamental Invs R6||RFNGX||7.99%|
|American Funds SMALLCAP World R6||RLLGX||7.09%|
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||7.04%|
|American Funds AMCAP R6||RAFGX||6.99%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||6.99%|
|American Funds New Perspective R6||RNPGX||6.99%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||5.06%|
3. What is AANTX performance? What are AANTX historical returns?
AANTX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.41%;
- 3-month return is 5.41%;
- 1-year return is 5.41%;
- 3-year return is 13.53%;
- 5-year return is 14.02%.
4. How many up and down years did AANTX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AANTX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is AANTX dividend yield?
AANTX yield is 0.55%.
6. What is AANTX minimum initial investment amount?
AANTX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AANTX expense ratio?
AANTX expense ratio is 0.38%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AANTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AANTX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.27. AANTX front-end sales load is 5.75. AANTX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AANTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.7%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.75%.
10. What is AANTX beta? How would you assess AANTX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.40;
- 5-year beta is 1.39.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in AANTX? What are AANTX buy reasons?
The following are AANTX strengths from our perspective:
- AANTX 3-year return is 13.53%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2060+ TR USD), 12.25%.
- AANTX 5-year return is 14.02%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2060+ TR USD), 13.04%.
14. What are the cons of investing in AANTX? What are AANTX negatives?
The following are AANTX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AANTX net assets are $485.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.27%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.