Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about AllianceBernstein ABAEX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ABAEX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ABAEX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ABAEX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ABAEX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ABAEX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ABAEX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ABAEX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ABAEX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ABAEX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ABAEX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ABAEX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AB Cap Fund, Inc: AB Emerging Markets Multi-Asset Portfolio; Class A Shares (ABAEX).
- What are ABAEX holdings?
- What is ABAEX performance? What are ABAEX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ABAEX have historically?
- What is ABAEX dividend yield?
- What is ABAEX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ABAEX expense ratio?
- Does ABAEX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ABAEX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ABAEX beta? How would you assess ABAEX risk?
- What is ABAEX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ABAEX Finny Score? ABAEX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ABAEX? What are ABAEX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ABAEX? What are ABAEX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AB Cap Fund, Inc: AB Emerging Markets Multi-Asset Portfolio; Class A Shares (ABAEX).
The Fund seeks to maximize total return. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets under normal circumstances in securities of emerging market issuers and/or the currencies of emerging market countries. The Fund may invest up to 20% of its net assets in the securities of developed market issuers.
2. What are ABAEX top holdings?
ABAEX has 268 stock holdings and 199 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 15.71% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||2.74%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||2.27%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||2.26%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||1.63%|
|PJSC Lukoil ADR||LKOD||1.40%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Participating Preferred||005935.KS||1.16%|
|Hana Financial Group Inc||086790.KS||1.10%|
|China Citic Bank Corp Ltd Class H||00998||1.09%|
|Perusahaan Listrik Negara PT 3.38%||N/A||1.03%|
|Russian Federation 5.25%||N/A||1.03%|
3. What is ABAEX performance? What are ABAEX historical returns?
ABAEX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.11%;
- 3-month return is 10.93%;
- 1-year return is 9.45%;
- 3-year return is 1.20%;
- 5-year return is 6.46%.
4. How many up and down years did ABAEX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ABAEX had 7 up years and 3 down years. See Performances
5. What is ABAEX dividend yield?
ABAEX yield is 5.03%.
6. What is ABAEX minimum initial investment amount?
ABAEX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is ABAEX expense ratio?
ABAEX expense ratio is 1.25%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does ABAEX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ABAEX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. ABAEX front-end sales load is 4.25. ABAEX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ABAEX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.96%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.78%.
10. What is ABAEX beta? How would you assess ABAEX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.98;
- 5-year beta is 0.88.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in ABAEX? What are ABAEX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy ABAEX.
14. What are the cons of investing in ABAEX? What are ABAEX negatives?
The following are ABAEX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ABAEX net assets</strong> are $4.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ABAEX 3-year return</strong> is 1.2%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 2.54%.
- <strong>ABAEX 5-year return</strong> is 6.46%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 9.61%.
- <strong>ABAEX expense ratio</strong> is 1.25%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 4.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.