7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Beacon ABCIX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for ABCIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ABCIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ABCIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ABCIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ABCIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ABCIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ABCIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ABCIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ABCIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ABCIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ABCIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon The London Company Income Equity Fund; Institutional Class Shares (ABCIX).
- What are ABCIX holdings?
- What is ABCIX performance? What are ABCIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ABCIX have historically?
- What is ABCIX dividend yield?
- What is ABCIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ABCIX expense ratio?
- Does ABCIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ABCIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ABCIX beta? How would you assess ABCIX risk?
- What is ABCIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ABCIX Finny Score? ABCIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ABCIX? What are ABCIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ABCIX? What are ABCIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon The London Company Income Equity Fund; Institutional Class Shares (ABCIX).
The Fund seeks providing current income, with a secondary objective of capital appreciation. The Funds investment sub-advisor, emphasizes investments in profitable, financially stable, core companies that focus on generating high dividend income, are run by shareholder-oriented management at reasonable valuations.
2. What are ABCIX top holdings?
ABCIX has 31 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 44.83% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Future on S&P 500 Dec20||N/A||5.65%|
|State Street Instl US Govt MMkt Slct||GVSXX||5.60%|
|Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class B||BRK.B||4.55%|
|Lowe's Companies Inc||LOW||4.38%|
|Texas Instruments Inc||TXN||4.20%|
|Johnson & Johnson||JNJ||4.16%|
|United Parcel Service Inc Class B||UPS||3.77%|
|Norfolk Southern Corp||NSC||3.62%|
3. What is ABCIX performance? What are ABCIX historical returns?
ABCIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 3.32%;
- 3-month return is 8.68%;
- 1-year return is 7.68%;
- 3-year return is 9.94%;
- 5-year return is 11.31%.
4. How many up and down years did ABCIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ABCIX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is ABCIX dividend yield?
ABCIX yield is 1.82%.
6. What is ABCIX minimum initial investment amount?
ABCIX minimum initial investment amount is $250.00K.
7. What is ABCIX expense ratio?
ABCIX expense ratio is 0.75%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ABCIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ABCIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. ABCIX front-end sales load is 0. ABCIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ABCIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.23%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.46%.
10. What is ABCIX beta? How would you assess ABCIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.90;
- 5-year beta is 0.88.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 60. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 60.
13. What are the pros of investing in ABCIX? What are ABCIX buy reasons?
The following are ABCIX strengths from our perspective:
- ABCIX 3-year return is 9.94%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 5.61%.
- ABCIX 5-year return is 11.31%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 9.96%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in ABCIX? What are ABCIX negatives?
The following are ABCIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ABCIX net assets are $328.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ABCIX expense ratio is 0.75%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?