7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Beacon ABSYX mutual fund
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for ABSYX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ABSYX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ABSYX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ABSYX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ABSYX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ABSYX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ABSYX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ABSYX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ABSYX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ABSYX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ABSYX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Small Cap Value Fund; Class Y Shares (ABSYX).
- What are ABSYX holdings?
- What is ABSYX performance? What are ABSYX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ABSYX have historically?
- What is ABSYX dividend yield?
- What is ABSYX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ABSYX expense ratio?
- Does ABSYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ABSYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ABSYX beta? How would you assess ABSYX risk?
- What is ABSYX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ABSYX Finny Score? ABSYX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ABSYX? What are ABSYX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ABSYX? What are ABSYX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Small Cap Value Fund; Class Y Shares (ABSYX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation and current income by investing primarily in equity securities. Ordinarily, at least 80% of the total assets of the Fund are invested in equity securities of US companies with market capitalizations of $2 billion or less at the time of investment.
2. What are ABSYX top holdings?
ABSYX has 529 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 12.03% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|E MINI RUSS 2000 JUN20 XCME 20200619||N/A||3.90%|
|Arrow Electronics Inc||ARW||1.00%|
|Evercore Inc A||EVR||0.90%|
|Vishay Intertechnology Inc||VSH||0.81%|
|Darling Ingredients Inc||DAR||0.74%|
|Federal Signal Corp||FSS||0.73%|
3. What is ABSYX performance? What are ABSYX historical returns?
ABSYX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -5.12%;
- 3-month return is 2.11%;
- 1-year return is -16.94%;
- 3-year return is -5.16%;
- 5-year return is 1.71%;
- 10-year return is 7.21%.
4. How many up and down years did ABSYX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ABSYX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is ABSYX dividend yield?
ABSYX yield is 1.12%.
6. What is ABSYX minimum initial investment amount?
ABSYX minimum initial investment amount is $100.00K.
7. What is ABSYX expense ratio?
ABSYX expense ratio is 0.88%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ABSYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ABSYX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. ABSYX front-end sales load is 0. ABSYX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ABSYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.6%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.18%.
10. What is ABSYX beta? How would you assess ABSYX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.44;
- 5-year beta is 1.36;
- 10-year beta is 1.34.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 33. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 33.
13. What are the pros of investing in ABSYX? What are ABSYX buy reasons?
The following are ABSYX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ABSYX 10-year return</strong> is 7.21%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Value TR USD), 7.83%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in ABSYX? What are ABSYX negatives?
The following are ABSYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ABSYX net assets</strong> are $259.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ABSYX 3-year return</strong> is -5.16%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Value TR USD), -2.74%.
- <strong>ABSYX 5-year return</strong> is 1.71%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Value TR USD), 4.27%.
- <strong>ABSYX expense ratio</strong> is 0.88%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?