Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Alger ACEMX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ACEMX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ACEMX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ACEMX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ACEMX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ACEMX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ACEMX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ACEMX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ACEMX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ACEMX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ACEMX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ACEMX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Alger Funds II: Alger Emerging Markets Fund; Class C Shares (ACEMX).
- What are ACEMX holdings?
- What is ACEMX performance? What are ACEMX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ACEMX have historically?
- What is ACEMX dividend yield?
- What is ACEMX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ACEMX expense ratio?
- Does ACEMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ACEMX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ACEMX beta? How would you assess ACEMX risk?
- What is ACEMX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ACEMX Finny Score? ACEMX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ACEMX? What are ACEMX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ACEMX? What are ACEMX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Alger Funds II: Alger Emerging Markets Fund; Class C Shares (ACEMX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. Under normal circumstances, the Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets, plus any borrowings for investment purposes, in equity securities, including common stocks, American Depositary Receipts and Global Depositary Receipts, of emerging country issuers.
2. What are ACEMX top holdings?
ACEMX has 93 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 41.67% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||8.51%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||7.26%|
|JD.com Inc ADR||JD||3.97%|
|Sany Heavy Industry Co Ltd||600031||3.37%|
|Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd||00388.HK||3.31%|
|Reliance Industries Ltd||RELIANCE.B||3.25%|
|Geely Automobile Holdings Ltd||00175||3.10%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||2.81%|
3. What is ACEMX performance? What are ACEMX historical returns?
ACEMX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 3.04%;
- 3-month return is 13.27%;
- 1-year return is 30.05%;
- 3-year return is 7.51%;
- 5-year return is 11.35%.
4. How many up and down years did ACEMX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ACEMX had 6 up years and 4 down years.
5. What is ACEMX dividend yield?
ACEMX yield is 3.19%.
6. What is ACEMX minimum initial investment amount?
ACEMX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is ACEMX expense ratio?
ACEMX expense ratio is 2.28%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ACEMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ACEMX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. ACEMX front-end sales load is 0. ACEMX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is ACEMX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.6%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.16%.
10. What is ACEMX beta? How would you assess ACEMX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.13;
- 5-year beta is 1.12.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in ACEMX? What are ACEMX buy reasons?
The following are ACEMX strengths from our perspective:
- ACEMX 3-year return is 7.51%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 6.43%.
- ACEMX 5-year return is 11.35%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 12.55%.
14. What are the cons of investing in ACEMX? What are ACEMX negatives?
The following are ACEMX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ACEMX net assets are $2.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ACEMX expense ratio is 2.28%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.