Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Arbitrage Fund ACFIX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for ACFIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ACFIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ACFIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ACFIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ACFIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ACFIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ACFIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ACFIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ACFIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ACFIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ACFIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Arbitrage Funds: Arbitrage Credit Opportunities Fund; Class I Shares (ACFIX).
- What are ACFIX holdings?
- What is ACFIX performance? What are ACFIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ACFIX have historically?
- What is ACFIX dividend yield?
- What is ACFIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ACFIX expense ratio?
- Does ACFIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ACFIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ACFIX beta? How would you assess ACFIX risk?
- What is ACFIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ACFIX Finny Score? ACFIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ACFIX? What are ACFIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ACFIX? What are ACFIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Arbitrage Funds: Arbitrage Credit Opportunities Fund; Class I Shares (ACFIX).
The Fund seeks to provide current income and capital growth. The Fund invests in a portfolio of debt securities including corporate bonds and debentures, bank loans, convertible and preferred securities that the Funds investment adviser believes have debt-like characteristics.
2. What are ACFIX top holdings?
ACFIX has 13 stock holdings and 34 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 36.16% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Stars Group Holdings BV / Stars Group (US) Co-Borrower LLC 7%||N/A||4.72%|
|ADESTO TECHNOLOGIES CORP 4.25%||N/A||4.63%|
|Cincinnati Bell, Inc. 7%||N/A||3.74%|
|Refinitiv US Holdings Inc 6.25%||N/A||3.49%|
|Fidelity & Guaranty Life Holdings, Inc. 5.5%||N/A||3.38%|
|ON Semiconductor Corp. 1%||N/A||3.36%|
|United States Treasury Bonds 2%||N/A||3.34%|
|CB Escrow Corp. 8%||N/A||3.26%|
|Verint Systems Inc 1.5%||N/A||3.15%|
|Dermira Inc 3%||N/A||3.09%|
3. What is ACFIX performance? What are ACFIX historical returns?
ACFIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.83%;
- 3-month return is 2.29%;
- 1-year return is 5.58%;
- 3-year return is 3.97%;
- 5-year return is 3.38%.
4. How many up and down years did ACFIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ACFIX had 9 up years and 1 down year. See Performances
5. What is ACFIX dividend yield?
ACFIX yield is 3.55%.
6. What is ACFIX minimum initial investment amount?
ACFIX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is ACFIX expense ratio?
ACFIX expense ratio is 1.3%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does ACFIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ACFIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. ACFIX front-end sales load is 0. ACFIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ACFIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.47%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.37%.
10. What is ACFIX beta? How would you assess ACFIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.31;
- 5-year beta is 0.20.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 60. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 60.
13. What are the pros of investing in ACFIX? What are ACFIX buy reasons?
The following are ACFIX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ACFIX 3-year return</strong> is 3.97%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US 3-Month Treasury Bill TR USD), 1.71%.
- <strong>ACFIX 5-year return</strong> is 3.38%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US 3-Month Treasury Bill TR USD), 1.2%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in ACFIX? What are ACFIX negatives?
The following are ACFIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ACFIX net assets</strong> are $50.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ACFIX expense ratio</strong> is 1.3%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?