Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
16 important things you should know about American Century Investments ACFOX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for ACFOX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ACFOX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ACFOX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ACFOX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ACFOX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ACFOX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ACFOX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ACFOX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ACFOX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ACFOX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ACFOX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Century Growth Funds, Inc: Focused Dynamic Growth Fund; Investor Class Shares (ACFOX).
- What are ACFOX holdings?
- What is ACFOX performance? What are ACFOX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ACFOX have historically?
- What is ACFOX dividend yield?
- What is ACFOX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ACFOX expense ratio?
- Does ACFOX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ACFOX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ACFOX beta? How would you assess ACFOX risk?
- What is ACFOX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ACFOX Finny Score? ACFOX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ACFOX? What are ACFOX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ACFOX? What are ACFOX sell reasons?
- Compare and contrast: ACFOX vs FBGRX.
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Century Growth Funds, Inc: Focused Dynamic Growth Fund; Investor Class Shares (ACFOX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital growth. The Fund uses a quantitative investment process designed to identify common stocks of companies that currently have, or are expected to have, earnings and revenues that are not only growing, but growing at an accelerating rate, and that also have strong price momentum.
2. What are ACFOX top holdings?
ACFOX has 35 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 49.78% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Visa Inc Class A||V||4.51%|
|Boston Beer Co Inc Class A||SAM||4.40%|
|Square Inc A||SQ||4.37%|
|Mastercard Inc A||MA||4.26%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||4.06%|
|Alphabet Inc Class C||GOOG||4.04%|
3. What is ACFOX performance? What are ACFOX historical returns?
ACFOX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 3.62%;
- 3-month return is 15.48%;
- 1-year return is 15.48%;
- 3-year return is 32.27%;
- 5-year return is 31.50%;
- 10-year return is 19.56%.
4. How many up and down years did ACFOX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ACFOX had 8 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is ACFOX dividend yield?
ACFOX yield is 0%.
6. What is ACFOX minimum initial investment amount?
ACFOX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is ACFOX expense ratio?
ACFOX expense ratio is 0.85%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ACFOX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ACFOX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. ACFOX front-end sales load is 0. ACFOX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ACFOX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.16%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.05%.
10. What is ACFOX beta? How would you assess ACFOX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.14;
- 5-year beta is 1.14;
- 10-year beta is 1.04.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 80. Our quantitative analysis shows 4 reasons to buy and 1 reason to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 80.
13. What are the pros of investing in ACFOX? What are ACFOX buy reasons?
The following are ACFOX strengths from our perspective:
- ACFOX 3-year return is 32.27%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 21.32%.
- ACFOX 5-year return is 31.5%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 23.26%.
- ACFOX 10-year return is 19.56%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 17.3%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in ACFOX? What are ACFOX negatives?
The following are ACFOX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ACFOX expense ratio is 0.85%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
15. Compare and contrast: ACFOX vs FBGRX.
Both ACFOX and FBGRX are mutual funds. ACFOX has a higher 5-year return than FBGRX (31.5% vs 28.94%). ACFOX has a higher expense ratio than FBGRX (0.85% vs 0.79%). Below is the comparison between ACFOX and FBGRX.
|Segment||U.S. Equity: Large Growth||U.S. Equity: Large Growth|
FBGRX profile: The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital by investing at least 65% of total assets in domestic or foreign blue chip firms (those with a market capitalization of at least $200 million, if the firm's stock is included in the S&P 500 or the Dow Jones Industrial average, or $1 billion if not included in either Index).
For further information, check out ACFOX vs FBGRX comparison details.