7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about AllianceBernstein ADGCX mutual fund
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 15-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ADGCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ADGCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ADGCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ADGCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ADGCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ADGCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ADGCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ADGCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ADGCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ADGCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ADGCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AB Core Opportunities Fund, Inc; Class C Shares (ADGCX).
- What are ADGCX holdings?
- What is ADGCX performance? What are ADGCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ADGCX have historically?
- What is ADGCX dividend yield?
- What is ADGCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ADGCX expense ratio?
- Does ADGCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ADGCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ADGCX beta? How would you assess ADGCX risk?
- What is ADGCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ADGCX Finny Score? ADGCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ADGCX? What are ADGCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ADGCX? What are ADGCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AB Core Opportunities Fund, Inc; Class C Shares (ADGCX).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund invests in the equity securities of US companies that the Adviser believes are undervalued. The Adviser believes that, over time, a company's stock price will come to reflect its intrinsic economic value. It may invest in companies of any size and in any industry.
2. What are ADGCX top holdings?
ADGCX has 52 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 37.93% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Alphabet Inc Class C||GOOG||4.82%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||4.68%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||4.13%|
|Verizon Communications Inc||VZ||3.65%|
|Roche Holding AG ADR||RHHBY||3.36%|
|Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class B||BRK.B||3.05%|
3. What is ADGCX performance? What are ADGCX historical returns?
ADGCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.74%;
- 3-month return is 5.60%;
- 1-year return is 13.14%;
- 3-year return is 10.13%;
- 5-year return is 11.44%;
- 10-year return is 13.07%;
- 15-year return is 8.15%.
4. How many up and down years did ADGCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ADGCX had 9 up years and 1 down year. See Performances
5. What is ADGCX dividend yield?
ADGCX yield is 0%.
6. What is ADGCX minimum initial investment amount?
ADGCX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is ADGCX expense ratio?
ADGCX expense ratio is 1.84%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does ADGCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ADGCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. ADGCX front-end sales load is 0. ADGCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is ADGCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.84%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 3.34%.
10. What is ADGCX beta? How would you assess ADGCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.95;
- 5-year beta is 0.92;
- 10-year beta is 0.96.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 14. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 14.
13. What are the pros of investing in ADGCX? What are ADGCX buy reasons?
The following are ADGCX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ADGCX 10-year return</strong> is 13.07%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.33%.
14. What are the cons of investing in ADGCX? What are ADGCX negatives?
The following are ADGCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ADGCX net assets</strong> are $16.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ADGCX 3-year return</strong> is 10.13%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>ADGCX 5-year return</strong> is 11.44%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.
- <strong>ADGCX 15-year return</strong> is 8.15%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 9.4%.
- <strong>ADGCX expense ratio</strong> is 1.84%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.