7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about AllianceBernstein ADGRX mutual fund
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- 15-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ADGRX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ADGRX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ADGRX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ADGRX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ADGRX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ADGRX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ADGRX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ADGRX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ADGRX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ADGRX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ADGRX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AB Core Opportunities Fund, Inc; Class R Shares (ADGRX).
- What are ADGRX holdings?
- What is ADGRX performance? What are ADGRX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ADGRX have historically?
- What is ADGRX dividend yield?
- What is ADGRX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ADGRX expense ratio?
- Does ADGRX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ADGRX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ADGRX beta? How would you assess ADGRX risk?
- What is ADGRX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ADGRX Finny Score? ADGRX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ADGRX? What are ADGRX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ADGRX? What are ADGRX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AB Core Opportunities Fund, Inc; Class R Shares (ADGRX).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund invests in the equity securities of US companies that the Adviser believes are undervalued. The Adviser believes that, over time, a company's stock price will come to reflect its intrinsic economic value. It may invest in companies of any size and in any industry.
2. What are ADGRX top holdings?
ADGRX has 52 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 37.93% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Alphabet Inc Class C||GOOG||4.82%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||4.68%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||4.13%|
|Verizon Communications Inc||VZ||3.65%|
|Roche Holding AG ADR||RHHBY||3.36%|
|Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class B||BRK.B||3.05%|
3. What is ADGRX performance? What are ADGRX historical returns?
ADGRX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.75%;
- 3-month return is 5.66%;
- 1-year return is 13.61%;
- 3-year return is 10.65%;
- 5-year return is 11.97%;
- 10-year return is 13.62%;
- 15-year return is 8.69%.
4. How many up and down years did ADGRX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ADGRX had 9 up years and 1 down year. See Performances
5. What is ADGRX dividend yield?
ADGRX yield is 0.1%.
6. What is ADGRX minimum initial investment amount?
ADGRX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is ADGRX expense ratio?
ADGRX expense ratio is 1.4%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does ADGRX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ADGRX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.5. ADGRX front-end sales load is 0. ADGRX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ADGRX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.57%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.91%.
10. What is ADGRX beta? How would you assess ADGRX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.95;
- 5-year beta is 0.92;
- 10-year beta is 0.96.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 29. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 29.
13. What are the pros of investing in ADGRX? What are ADGRX buy reasons?
The following are ADGRX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ADGRX 10-year return</strong> is 13.62%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.33%.
- <strong>ADGRX 15-year return</strong> is 8.69%, which is in line with the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 9.4%.
14. What are the cons of investing in ADGRX? What are ADGRX negatives?
The following are ADGRX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ADGRX net assets</strong> are $7.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ADGRX 3-year return</strong> is 10.65%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>ADGRX 5-year return</strong> is 11.97%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.
- <strong>ADGRX expense ratio</strong> is 1.4%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.