Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Alger ADOCX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ADOCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ADOCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ADOCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ADOCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ADOCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ADOCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ADOCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ADOCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ADOCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ADOCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ADOCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Alger Funds II: Alger Dynamic Opportunities Fund; Class C Shares (ADOCX).
- What are ADOCX holdings?
- What is ADOCX performance? What are ADOCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ADOCX have historically?
- What is ADOCX dividend yield?
- What is ADOCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ADOCX expense ratio?
- Does ADOCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ADOCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ADOCX beta? How would you assess ADOCX risk?
- What is ADOCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ADOCX Finny Score? ADOCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ADOCX? What are ADOCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ADOCX? What are ADOCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Alger Funds II: Alger Dynamic Opportunities Fund; Class C Shares (ADOCX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation with emphasis on risk-adjusted returns and lower volatility. The Fund invests primarily in US and foreign equity securities (i.e., taking long positions). The Fund also identifies securities that it believes will underperform and will sell these securities short.
2. What are ADOCX top holdings?
ADOCX has 207 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 25.56% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Wayfair Inc Class A||W||3.29%|
|Paylocity Holding Corp||PCTY||2.38%|
|TransDigm Group Inc||TDG||2.06%|
|Waste Connections Inc||WCN.TO||1.72%|
3. What is ADOCX performance? What are ADOCX historical returns?
ADOCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -2.60%;
- 3-month return is 4.62%;
- 1-year return is 4.62%;
- 3-year return is 18.10%;
- 5-year return is 14.43%;
- 10-year return is 8.51%.
4. How many up and down years did ADOCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ADOCX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is ADOCX dividend yield?
ADOCX yield is 0%.
6. What is ADOCX minimum initial investment amount?
ADOCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is ADOCX expense ratio?
ADOCX expense ratio is 1.68%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does ADOCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ADOCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. ADOCX front-end sales load is 0. ADOCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is ADOCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.64%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.02%.
10. What is ADOCX beta? How would you assess ADOCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.51;
- 5-year beta is 0.55;
- 10-year beta is 0.55.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 17. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 17.
13. What are the pros of investing in ADOCX? What are ADOCX buy reasons?
The following are ADOCX strengths from our perspective:
- ADOCX 3-year return is 18.1%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 17.24%.
14. What are the cons of investing in ADOCX? What are ADOCX negatives?
The following are ADOCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- ADOCX net assets are $14.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- ADOCX 5-year return is 14.43%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 16.42%.
- ADOCX 10-year return is 8.51%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.99%.
- ADOCX expense ratio is 1.68%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.