7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Century Investments AEDHX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AEDHX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AEDHX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AEDHX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AEDHX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AEDHX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AEDHX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AEDHX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AEDHX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AEDHX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AEDHX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AEDHX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Century International Bond Funds: Emerging Markets Debt Fund; Class C Shares (AEDHX).
- What are AEDHX holdings?
- What is AEDHX performance? What are AEDHX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AEDHX have historically?
- What is AEDHX dividend yield?
- What is AEDHX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AEDHX expense ratio?
- Does AEDHX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AEDHX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AEDHX beta? How would you assess AEDHX risk?
- What is AEDHX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AEDHX Finny Score? AEDHX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AEDHX? What are AEDHX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AEDHX? What are AEDHX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Century International Bond Funds: Emerging Markets Debt Fund; Class C Shares (AEDHX).
The Fund seeks long-term total return. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in fixed income instruments that are economically tied to emerging markets. It will invest in debt instruments issued by foreign governments and corporations. Investments will typically be made in US dollar denominated instruments.
2. What are AEDHX top holdings?
AEDHX has 0 stock holdings and 160 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 64.31% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|2 Year Treasury Note Future June 20||ZTM0||13.32%|
|Sp9n4zzs6 Cds Usd R V 03mevent Sp9n4zzs6_pro Sovereign||N/A||11.99%|
|Sp9n4zzs6 Cds Usd P F 1.00000 Sp9n4zzs6_fee Sovereign||N/A||11.12%|
|Sp911roi9 Cds Usd R V 03mevent Sp911roi9_pro Sovereign||N/A||5.50%|
|Sp911roi9 Cds Usd P F 1.00000 Sp911roi9_fee Sovereign||N/A||5.19%|
|Sp911qhc2 Cds Usd R V 03mevent Sp911qhc2_pro Sovereign||N/A||4.10%|
|Sp911qhc2 Cds Usd P F 1.00000 Sp911qhc2_fee Sovereign||N/A||4.07%|
|10 Year Treasury Note Future June 20||ZNM0||3.77%|
|Sp1o3b5q3 Cds Usd R V 03mevent Sp1o3b5q3_pro Sovereign||N/A||2.63%|
|Sp1o3b5q3 Cds Usd P F 1.00000 Sp1o3b5q3_fee Sovereign||N/A||2.62%|
3. What is AEDHX performance? What are AEDHX historical returns?
AEDHX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.37%;
- 3-month return is 5.15%;
- 1-year return is 3.38%;
- 3-year return is 2.80%;
- 5-year return is 4.34%.
4. How many up and down years did AEDHX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AEDHX had 9 up years and 1 down year. See Performances
5. What is AEDHX dividend yield?
AEDHX yield is 3.02%.
6. What is AEDHX minimum initial investment amount?
AEDHX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is AEDHX expense ratio?
AEDHX expense ratio is 1.97%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does AEDHX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AEDHX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. AEDHX front-end sales load is 0. AEDHX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is AEDHX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.22%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.15%.
10. What is AEDHX beta? How would you assess AEDHX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.89;
- 5-year beta is 0.88.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in AEDHX? What are AEDHX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy AEDHX.
14. What are the cons of investing in AEDHX? What are AEDHX negatives?
The following are AEDHX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AEDHX net assets</strong> are $0.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AEDHX 3-year return</strong> is 2.8%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (JPM CEMBI Broad Diversified TR USD), 5.13%.
- <strong>AEDHX 5-year return</strong> is 4.34%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (JPM CEMBI Broad Diversified TR USD), 6.23%.
- <strong>AEDHX expense ratio</strong> is 1.97%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.