7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Arbitrage Fund AEDNX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AEDNX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AEDNX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AEDNX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AEDNX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AEDNX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AEDNX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AEDNX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AEDNX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AEDNX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AEDNX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AEDNX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Arbitrage Funds: Arbitrage Event-Driven Fund; Class I Shares (AEDNX).
- What are AEDNX holdings?
- What is AEDNX performance? What are AEDNX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AEDNX have historically?
- What is AEDNX dividend yield?
- What is AEDNX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AEDNX expense ratio?
- Does AEDNX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AEDNX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AEDNX beta? How would you assess AEDNX risk?
- What is AEDNX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AEDNX Finny Score? AEDNX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AEDNX? What are AEDNX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AEDNX? What are AEDNX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Arbitrage Funds: Arbitrage Event-Driven Fund; Class I Shares (AEDNX).
The Fund seeks capital growth. The Fund employs investment strategies designed to capture price movements generated by anticipated corporate events such as investing in companies involved in mergers, acquisitions, asset sales, restructurings, refinancings, recapitalizations, reorganizations or other special situations.
2. What are AEDNX top holdings?
AEDNX has 51 stock holdings and 10 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 56.11% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Caesars Entertainment Corp||CZR||9.27%|
|Wright Medical Group NV||WMGI||6.82%|
|Tiffany & Co||TIF||6.54%|
|Schwmss Trs Usd P E Schwab /Schw Us||N/A||5.31%|
|Schwmss Trs Usd R V 01mfedl Fedl01m-40.00bps||N/A||5.31%|
|TD Ameritrade Holding Corp||AMTD||5.08%|
|Taubman Centers Inc||TCO.L||4.06%|
|Willis Towers Watson PLC||WLTW||2.65%|
3. What is AEDNX performance? What are AEDNX historical returns?
AEDNX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.57%;
- 3-month return is 2.89%;
- 1-year return is 7.88%;
- 3-year return is 3.81%;
- 5-year return is 3.16%.
4. How many up and down years did AEDNX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AEDNX had 7 up years and 3 down years. See Performances
5. What is AEDNX dividend yield?
AEDNX yield is 0.46%.
6. What is AEDNX minimum initial investment amount?
AEDNX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is AEDNX expense ratio?
AEDNX expense ratio is 1.97%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does AEDNX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AEDNX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AEDNX front-end sales load is 0. AEDNX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AEDNX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.19%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.39%.
10. What is AEDNX beta? How would you assess AEDNX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.25;
- 5-year beta is 0.14.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 60. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 60.
13. What are the pros of investing in AEDNX? What are AEDNX buy reasons?
The following are AEDNX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AEDNX 3-year return</strong> is 3.81%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US 3-Month Treasury Bill TR USD), 1.71%.
- <strong>AEDNX 5-year return</strong> is 3.16%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US 3-Month Treasury Bill TR USD), 1.2%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AEDNX? What are AEDNX negatives?
The following are AEDNX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AEDNX net assets</strong> are $99.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AEDNX expense ratio</strong> is 1.97%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?