7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Century Investments AEGMX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AEGMX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AEGMX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AEGMX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AEGMX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AEGMX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AEGMX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AEGMX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AEGMX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AEGMX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AEGMX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AEGMX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Century World Mutual Funds, Inc: Emerging Markets Fund; Class R5 Shares (AEGMX).
- What are AEGMX holdings?
- What is AEGMX performance? What are AEGMX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AEGMX have historically?
- What is AEGMX dividend yield?
- What is AEGMX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AEGMX expense ratio?
- Does AEGMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AEGMX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AEGMX beta? How would you assess AEGMX risk?
- What is AEGMX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AEGMX Finny Score? AEGMX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AEGMX? What are AEGMX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AEGMX? What are AEGMX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Century World Mutual Funds, Inc: Emerging Markets Fund; Class R5 Shares (AEGMX).
The Fund seeks capital growth. The Fund seeks to invest at least 80% of its assets in equity securities of companies located in emerging market countries. The Fund managers look for stocks of companies they believe will increase in value over time.
2. What are AEGMX top holdings?
AEGMX has 83 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 43.04% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||8.24%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||8.03%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||7.29%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||5.27%|
|Naspers Ltd Class N||NPN.JO||2.80%|
|GDS Holdings Ltd ADR||GDS||2.75%|
|China Construction Bank Corp Class H||00939||2.31%|
|Industrial And Commercial Bank Of China Ltd Class H||01398||2.16%|
|Country Garden Services Holdings Co Ltd||06098||2.11%|
|HDFC Bank Ltd||HDFCBANK.B||2.08%|
3. What is AEGMX performance? What are AEGMX historical returns?
AEGMX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.16%;
- 3-month return is 15.27%;
- 1-year return is 16.21%;
- 3-year return is 3.33%;
- 5-year return is 10.99%;
- 10-year return is 5.40%.
4. How many up and down years did AEGMX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AEGMX had 6 up years and 4 down years. See Performances
5. What is AEGMX dividend yield?
AEGMX yield is 0.79%.
6. What is AEGMX minimum initial investment amount?
AEGMX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is AEGMX expense ratio?
AEGMX expense ratio is 1.05%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does AEGMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AEGMX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AEGMX front-end sales load is 0. AEGMX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AEGMX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.69%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.4%.
10. What is AEGMX beta? How would you assess AEGMX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.10;
- 5-year beta is 1.06;
- 10-year beta is 1.11;
- 15-year beta is 1.21.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 67. Our quantitative analysis shows 4 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 67.
13. What are the pros of investing in AEGMX? What are AEGMX buy reasons?
The following are AEGMX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AEGMX 3-year return</strong> is 3.33%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 2.54%.
- <strong>AEGMX 5-year return</strong> is 10.99%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 9.61%.
- <strong>AEGMX 10-year return</strong> is 5.4%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.31%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AEGMX? What are AEGMX negatives?
The following are AEGMX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AEGMX net assets</strong> are $3.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AEGMX expense ratio</strong> is 1.05%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?