7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors AEMPX mutual fund
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AEMPX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AEMPX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AEMPX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AEMPX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AEMPX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AEMPX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AEMPX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AEMPX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AEMPX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AEMPX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AEMPX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds: AllianzGI Emerging Markets Opportunities Fund; Class P Shares (AEMPX).
- What are AEMPX holdings?
- What is AEMPX performance? What are AEMPX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AEMPX have historically?
- What is AEMPX dividend yield?
- What is AEMPX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AEMPX expense ratio?
- Does AEMPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AEMPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AEMPX beta? How would you assess AEMPX risk?
- What is AEMPX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AEMPX Finny Score? AEMPX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AEMPX? What are AEMPX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AEMPX? What are AEMPX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds: AllianzGI Emerging Markets Opportunities Fund; Class P Shares (AEMPX).
The Fund seeks maximum long-term capital appreciation by investing in emerging market securities. Under normal market conditions, The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing at least 80% of its net assets in the securities of companies that are tied economically to countries with emerging securities.
2. What are AEMPX top holdings?
AEMPX has 72 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 45.06% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||7.57%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||7.26%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||5.21%|
|NetEase Inc ADR||NTES||4.38%|
|Mining and Metallurgical Company NORILSK NICKEL PJSC ADR||MNOD||3.86%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||3.79%|
|PJSC Lukoil ADR||LKOD||3.73%|
|Anhui Conch Cement Co Ltd Class H||00914||3.63%|
|SK Hynix Inc||000660.KS||3.13%|
|Charoen Pokphand Foods PCL||CPF-F||2.50%|
3. What is AEMPX performance? What are AEMPX historical returns?
AEMPX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.51%;
- 3-month return is 16.82%;
- 1-year return is 16.31%;
- 3-year return is 2.28%;
- 5-year return is 8.50%;
- 10-year return is 3.93%.
4. How many up and down years did AEMPX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AEMPX had 6 up years and 4 down years. See Performances
5. What is AEMPX dividend yield?
AEMPX yield is 2.27%.
6. What is AEMPX minimum initial investment amount?
AEMPX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is AEMPX expense ratio?
AEMPX expense ratio is 1.01%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does AEMPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AEMPX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AEMPX front-end sales load is 0. AEMPX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AEMPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.91%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.63%.
10. What is AEMPX beta? How would you assess AEMPX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.10;
- 5-year beta is 1.04;
- 10-year beta is 1.04.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 33. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 33.
13. What are the pros of investing in AEMPX? What are AEMPX buy reasons?
The following are AEMPX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AEMPX 10-year return</strong> is 3.93%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.31%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AEMPX? What are AEMPX negatives?
The following are AEMPX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AEMPX net assets</strong> are $17.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AEMPX 3-year return</strong> is 2.28%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 2.54%.
- <strong>AEMPX 5-year return</strong> is 8.5%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 9.61%.
- <strong>AEMPX expense ratio</strong> is 1.01%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?