Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Aberdeen AEMSX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AEMSX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AEMSX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AEMSX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AEMSX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AEMSX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AEMSX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AEMSX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AEMSX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AEMSX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AEMSX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AEMSX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Aberdeen Funds: Aberdeen Emerging Markets Fund; Institutional Service Class Shares (AEMSX).
- What are AEMSX holdings?
- What is AEMSX performance? What are AEMSX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AEMSX have historically?
- What is AEMSX dividend yield?
- What is AEMSX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AEMSX expense ratio?
- Does AEMSX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AEMSX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AEMSX beta? How would you assess AEMSX risk?
- What is AEMSX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AEMSX Finny Score? AEMSX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AEMSX? What are AEMSX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AEMSX? What are AEMSX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Aberdeen Funds: Aberdeen Emerging Markets Fund; Institutional Service Class Shares (AEMSX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing primarily in stocks of emerging markets country issuers. Under normal conditions, the Fund will invest primarily in common stocks, but may also invest in other types of equity securities, including preferred stocks, convertible securities and depositary receipts.
2. What are AEMSX top holdings?
AEMSX has 60 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 40.18% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||8.21%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Participating Preferred||005935.KS||7.50%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||6.66%|
|Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd Class H||02318||4.10%|
|Housing Development Finance Corp Ltd||HDFC.BO||2.57%|
|China Resources Land Ltd||01109||2.35%|
|Kweichow Moutai Co Ltd||600519||2.31%|
|Naspers Ltd Class N||NPN.JO||2.31%|
|Vale SA ADR||VALE.SA||2.12%|
|Midea Group Co Ltd Class A||000333||2.05%|
3. What is AEMSX performance? What are AEMSX historical returns?
AEMSX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.67%;
- 3-month return is 16.08%;
- 1-year return is 12.70%;
- 3-year return is 2.65%;
- 5-year return is 8.84%;
- 10-year return is 4.15%.
4. How many up and down years did AEMSX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AEMSX had 5 up years and 5 down years. See Performances
5. What is AEMSX dividend yield?
AEMSX yield is 1.77%.
6. What is AEMSX minimum initial investment amount?
AEMSX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is AEMSX expense ratio?
AEMSX expense ratio is 1.16%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does AEMSX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AEMSX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AEMSX front-end sales load is 0. AEMSX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AEMSX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.73%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.62%.
10. What is AEMSX beta? How would you assess AEMSX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.14;
- 5-year beta is 1.11;
- 10-year beta is 1.03.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 67. Our quantitative analysis shows 4 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 67.
13. What are the pros of investing in AEMSX? What are AEMSX buy reasons?
The following are AEMSX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AEMSX 3-year return</strong> is 2.65%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 2.54%.
- <strong>AEMSX 5-year return</strong> is 8.84%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 9.61%.
- <strong>AEMSX 10-year return</strong> is 4.15%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.31%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AEMSX? What are AEMSX negatives?
The following are AEMSX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AEMSX net assets</strong> are $310.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AEMSX expense ratio</strong> is 1.16%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?