7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors AERIX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AERIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AERIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AERIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AERIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AERIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AERIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AERIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AERIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AERIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AERIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AERIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Emerging Markets Consumer Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AERIX).
- What are AERIX holdings?
- What is AERIX performance? What are AERIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AERIX have historically?
- What is AERIX dividend yield?
- What is AERIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AERIX expense ratio?
- Does AERIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AERIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AERIX beta? How would you assess AERIX risk?
- What is AERIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AERIX Finny Score? AERIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AERIX? What are AERIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AERIX? What are AERIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Emerging Markets Consumer Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AERIX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund normally invests at least 80% of its net assets in securities and instruments that are tied economically to emerging markets countries and by investing at least 80% of its net assets in securities of companies in the consumer and consumer-related sectors.
2. What are AERIX top holdings?
AERIX has 85 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 41.44% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||7.82%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||5.65%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||5.26%|
|JD.com Inc ADR||JD||4.39%|
|NetEase Inc ADR||NTES||3.78%|
|Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd Class H||02318||3.47%|
|Roche Holding AG Dividend Right Cert.||ROG||2.96%|
|China Merchants Bank Co Ltd Class H||03968||2.89%|
|HDFC Bank Ltd ADR||HDB.BO||2.70%|
|Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co Ltd||300760||2.52%|
3. What is AERIX performance? What are AERIX historical returns?
AERIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 4.29%;
- 3-month return is 8.03%;
- 1-year return is 19.04%;
- 3-year return is 2.99%;
- 5-year return is 6.44%.
4. How many up and down years did AERIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AERIX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AERIX dividend yield?
AERIX yield is 0.95%.
6. What is AERIX minimum initial investment amount?
AERIX minimum initial investment amount is $25.00K.
7. What is AERIX expense ratio?
AERIX expense ratio is 1.05%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AERIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AERIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AERIX front-end sales load is 0. AERIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AERIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.42%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.71%.
10. What is AERIX beta? How would you assess AERIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.01;
- 5-year beta is 1.00.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in AERIX? What are AERIX buy reasons?
The following are AERIX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AERIX 3-year return</strong> is 2.99%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 3.04%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AERIX? What are AERIX negatives?
The following are AERIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AERIX net assets</strong> are $35.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AERIX 5-year return</strong> is 6.44%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 8.03%.
- <strong>AERIX expense ratio</strong> is 1.05%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?