Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Century Investments AEYGX mutual fund
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
Before we start: if you’re looking for AEYGX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AEYGX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AEYGX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AEYGX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AEYGX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AEYGX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AEYGX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AEYGX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AEYGX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AEYGX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AEYGX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Century Quantitative Equity Funds, Inc: Equity Growth Fund; Class R5 Shares (AEYGX).
- What are AEYGX holdings?
- What is AEYGX performance? What are AEYGX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AEYGX have historically?
- What is AEYGX dividend yield?
- What is AEYGX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AEYGX expense ratio?
- Does AEYGX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AEYGX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AEYGX beta? How would you assess AEYGX risk?
- What is AEYGX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AEYGX Finny Score? AEYGX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AEYGX? What are AEYGX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AEYGX? What are AEYGX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Century Quantitative Equity Funds, Inc: Equity Growth Fund; Class R5 Shares (AEYGX).
The Fund seeks capital appreciation by investing in common stocks. The Fund's investment strategy utilizes quantitative management techniques. The goal is to create a fund that provides better returns than the S&P 500.
2. What are AEYGX top holdings?
AEYGX has 165 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 26.09% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Alphabet Inc A||GOOGL||2.94%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||2.63%|
|Merck & Co Inc||MRK||1.94%|
|E-mini S&P 500 Futures June20||ESM0||1.80%|
|Bristol-Myers Squibb Company||BMY||1.56%|
3. What is AEYGX performance? What are AEYGX historical returns?
AEYGX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.88%;
- 3-month return is 8.96%;
- 1-year return is 15.67%;
- 3-year return is 12.01%;
- 5-year return is 12.45%;
- 10-year return is 13.26%.
4. How many up and down years did AEYGX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AEYGX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is AEYGX dividend yield?
AEYGX yield is 1.36%.
6. What is AEYGX minimum initial investment amount?
AEYGX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is AEYGX expense ratio?
AEYGX expense ratio is 0.47%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does AEYGX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AEYGX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AEYGX front-end sales load is 0. AEYGX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AEYGX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.52%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.95%.
10. What is AEYGX beta? How would you assess AEYGX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.99;
- 5-year beta is 0.98;
- 10-year beta is 1.01;
- 15-year beta is 0.99.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in AEYGX? What are AEYGX buy reasons?
The following are AEYGX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AEYGX 10-year return</strong> is 13.26%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.33%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AEYGX? What are AEYGX negatives?
The following are AEYGX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AEYGX net assets</strong> are $2.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AEYGX 3-year return</strong> is 12.01%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>AEYGX 5-year return</strong> is 12.45%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.