Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Century Investments AFCNX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AFCNX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AFCNX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AFCNX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AFCNX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AFCNX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AFCNX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AFCNX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AFCNX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AFCNX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AFCNX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AFCNX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Century World Mutual Funds, Inc: Focused International Growth Fund; Investor Class Shares (AFCNX).
- What are AFCNX holdings?
- What is AFCNX performance? What are AFCNX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AFCNX have historically?
- What is AFCNX dividend yield?
- What is AFCNX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AFCNX expense ratio?
- Does AFCNX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AFCNX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AFCNX beta? How would you assess AFCNX risk?
- What is AFCNX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AFCNX Finny Score? AFCNX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AFCNX? What are AFCNX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AFCNX? What are AFCNX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Century World Mutual Funds, Inc: Focused International Growth Fund; Investor Class Shares (AFCNX).
The Fund seeks capital growth. The Fund invests primarily in securities of companies located in at least three developed countries world-wide (excluding the United States). The Fund generally invests in common stock and other equity securities that are denominated in foreign currencies.
2. What are AFCNX top holdings?
AFCNX has 42 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 31.73% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||3.70%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||3.54%|
|Schneider Electric SE||SU.PA||3.40%|
|Cellnex Telecom SA||CLNX.BC||3.37%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||2.89%|
|Recruit Holdings Co Ltd||6098||2.84%|
|London Stock Exchange Group PLC||LSE.L||2.77%|
|Lonza Group Ltd||LONN||2.74%|
3. What is AFCNX performance? What are AFCNX historical returns?
AFCNX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.81%;
- 3-month return is 12.44%;
- 1-year return is 29.76%;
- 3-year return is 14.31%.
4. How many up and down years did AFCNX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AFCNX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is AFCNX dividend yield?
AFCNX yield is 0%.
6. What is AFCNX minimum initial investment amount?
AFCNX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is AFCNX expense ratio?
AFCNX expense ratio is 1.24%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AFCNX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AFCNX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AFCNX front-end sales load is 0. AFCNX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AFCNX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.77%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.33%.
10. What is AFCNX beta? How would you assess AFCNX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.98.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in AFCNX? What are AFCNX buy reasons?
The following are AFCNX strengths from our perspective:
- AFCNX 3-year return is 14.31%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI Ex USA NR USD), 4.97%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AFCNX? What are AFCNX negatives?
The following are AFCNX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AFCNX net assets are $9.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AFCNX expense ratio is 1.24%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?