7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Century Investments AFDGX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AFDGX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AFDGX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AFDGX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AFDGX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AFDGX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AFDGX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AFDGX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AFDGX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AFDGX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AFDGX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AFDGX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Century Mutual Funds, Inc: Sustainable Equity Fund; Class R5 Shares (AFDGX).
- What are AFDGX holdings?
- What is AFDGX performance? What are AFDGX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AFDGX have historically?
- What is AFDGX dividend yield?
- What is AFDGX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AFDGX expense ratio?
- Does AFDGX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AFDGX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AFDGX beta? How would you assess AFDGX risk?
- What is AFDGX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AFDGX Finny Score? AFDGX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AFDGX? What are AFDGX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AFDGX? What are AFDGX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Century Mutual Funds, Inc: Sustainable Equity Fund; Class R5 Shares (AFDGX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital growth. Income is a secondary objective. The Fund generally looks for common stocks that the Fund's manager believes are attractively priced relative to the companies' earnings growth potential and dividend yields.
2. What are AFDGX top holdings?
AFDGX has 95 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 33.51% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Alphabet Inc A||GOOGL||3.90%|
|NextEra Energy Inc||NEE||2.59%|
|Bank of America Corp||BAC||2.27%|
|Procter & Gamble Co||PG||2.21%|
|The Home Depot Inc||HD||1.87%|
3. What is AFDGX performance? What are AFDGX historical returns?
AFDGX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 4.06%;
- 3-month return is 11.21%;
- 1-year return is 21.14%;
- 3-year return is 15.32%;
- 5-year return is 14.70%;
- 10-year return is 14.30%.
4. How many up and down years did AFDGX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AFDGX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is AFDGX dividend yield?
AFDGX yield is 0.17%.
6. What is AFDGX minimum initial investment amount?
AFDGX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is AFDGX expense ratio?
AFDGX expense ratio is 0.59%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does AFDGX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AFDGX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AFDGX front-end sales load is 0. AFDGX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AFDGX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.22%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.02%.
10. What is AFDGX beta? How would you assess AFDGX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.01;
- 5-year beta is 1.01;
- 10-year beta is 1.00;
- 15-year beta is 0.98.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 67. Our quantitative analysis shows 4 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 67.
13. What are the pros of investing in AFDGX? What are AFDGX buy reasons?
The following are AFDGX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AFDGX 3-year return</strong> is 15.32%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>AFDGX 5-year return</strong> is 14.7%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.
- <strong>AFDGX 10-year return</strong> is 14.3%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.33%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AFDGX? What are AFDGX negatives?
The following are AFDGX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AFDGX net assets</strong> are $1.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AFDGX expense ratio</strong> is 0.59%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?