Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about Ariel Investments AFOYX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AFOYX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AFOYX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AFOYX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AFOYX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AFOYX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AFOYX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AFOYX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AFOYX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AFOYX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AFOYX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AFOYX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Ariel Investment Trust: Ariel Focus Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AFOYX).
- What are AFOYX holdings?
- What is AFOYX performance? What are AFOYX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AFOYX have historically?
- What is AFOYX dividend yield?
- What is AFOYX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AFOYX expense ratio?
- Does AFOYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AFOYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AFOYX beta? How would you assess AFOYX risk?
- What is AFOYX Finny Score? AFOYX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AFOYX? What are AFOYX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AFOYX? What are AFOYX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Ariel Investment Trust: Ariel Focus Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AFOYX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing in undervalued companies that show strong potential for growth. The Fund invests primarily in the stocks of companies with market capitalizations generally in excess of $10 billion at the time of initial purchase.
2. What are AFOYX top holdings?
AFOYX has 29 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 50.60% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|ViacomCBS Inc Class B||VIAC||5.56%|
|Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc||ZBH||5.44%|
|Lazard Ltd Shs A||LAZ||4.97%|
|Goldman Sachs Group Inc||GS||4.91%|
|The Western Union Co||WU||4.82%|
|Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp Ordinary Shares - Class A||MSGE||4.65%|
|The Mosaic Co||MOS||4.18%|
3. What is AFOYX performance? What are AFOYX historical returns?
AFOYX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -4.59%;
- 3-month return is 3.25%;
- 1-year return is 3.25%;
- 3-year return is 11.65%;
- 5-year return is 13.46%;
- 10-year return is 9.90%.
4. How many up and down years did AFOYX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AFOYX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is AFOYX dividend yield?
AFOYX yield is 0.82%.
6. What is AFOYX minimum initial investment amount?
AFOYX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00M.
7. What is AFOYX expense ratio?
AFOYX expense ratio is 0.75%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AFOYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AFOYX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AFOYX front-end sales load is 0. AFOYX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AFOYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.81%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.04%.
10. What is AFOYX beta? How would you assess AFOYX risk?
11. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
12. What are the pros of investing in AFOYX? What are AFOYX buy reasons?
The following are AFOYX strengths from our perspective:
- AFOYX 3-year return is 11.65%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 12.74%.
- AFOYX 5-year return is 13.46%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 12.05%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
13. What are the cons of investing in AFOYX? What are AFOYX negatives?
The following are AFOYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AFOYX net assets are $18.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AFOYX 10-year return is 9.9%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 11.54%.
- AFOYX expense ratio is 0.75%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?