7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Beacon AFXPX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AFXPX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AFXPX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AFXPX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AFXPX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AFXPX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AFXPX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AFXPX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AFXPX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AFXPX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AFXPX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AFXPX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Flexible Bond Fund; Investor Class Shares (AFXPX).
- What are AFXPX holdings?
- What is AFXPX performance? What are AFXPX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AFXPX have historically?
- What is AFXPX dividend yield?
- What is AFXPX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AFXPX expense ratio?
- Does AFXPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AFXPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AFXPX beta? How would you assess AFXPX risk?
- What is AFXPX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AFXPX Finny Score? AFXPX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AFXPX? What are AFXPX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AFXPX? What are AFXPX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Flexible Bond Fund; Investor Class Shares (AFXPX).
The Fund seeks to provide a positive total return regardless of market conditions. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its net assets, plus borrowings for investment purposes, in fixed-income instruments of varying maturities and derivative instruments that provide exposure to fixed income instruments.
2. What are AFXPX top holdings?
AFXPX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 92.25% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|90day Eur Futr Jun19 Xcme 20190617||N/A||22.34%|
|Long Gilt Future Sep18 Ifll 20180926||N/A||12.45%|
|3mo Euro Euribor Dec19 Ifll 20191216||N/A||11.03%|
|Bwu00inb9 Irs Usd R V 03mlibor Swuv0inb1 Ccpvanilla||N/A||9.55%|
|Bwu00inb9 Irs Usd P F 1.75000 Swu00inb9 Ccpvanilla||N/A||8.71%|
|Us 2yr Note (Cbt) Sep18 Xcbt 20180928||N/A||6.74%|
|United States Treasury Notes 1.62%||N/A||6.67%|
|Euro Bund Future Sep18 Xeur 20180906||N/A||5.15%|
|Euro-Oat Future Sep18 Xeur 20180906||N/A||4.89%|
|Bwu00daq1 Irs Usd R V 03mlibor Swuv0daq3 Ccpvanilla||N/A||4.72%|
3. What is AFXPX performance? What are AFXPX historical returns?
AFXPX has generated the following returns:
4. How many up and down years did AFXPX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AFXPX had 7 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AFXPX dividend yield?
AFXPX yield is 2.04%.
6. What is AFXPX minimum initial investment amount?
AFXPX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is AFXPX expense ratio?
AFXPX expense ratio is 1.27%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AFXPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AFXPX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AFXPX front-end sales load is 0. AFXPX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AFXPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is %;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
10. What is AFXPX beta? How would you assess AFXPX risk?
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 2 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in AFXPX? What are AFXPX buy reasons?
The following are AFXPX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AFXPX? What are AFXPX negatives?
The following are AFXPX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AFXPX net assets are $5.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AFXPX expense ratio is 1.27%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?