7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Beacon AFXYX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AFXYX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AFXYX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AFXYX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AFXYX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AFXYX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AFXYX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AFXYX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AFXYX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AFXYX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AFXYX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AFXYX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Flexible Bond Fund; Class Y Shares (AFXYX).
- What are AFXYX holdings?
- What is AFXYX performance? What are AFXYX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AFXYX have historically?
- What is AFXYX dividend yield?
- What is AFXYX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AFXYX expense ratio?
- Does AFXYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AFXYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AFXYX beta? How would you assess AFXYX risk?
- What is AFXYX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AFXYX Finny Score? AFXYX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AFXYX? What are AFXYX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AFXYX? What are AFXYX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Flexible Bond Fund; Class Y Shares (AFXYX).
The Fund seeks to provide a positive total return regardless of market conditions. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its net assets, plus borrowings for investment purposes, in fixed-income instruments of varying maturities and derivative instruments that provide exposure to fixed income instruments.
2. What are AFXYX top holdings?
AFXYX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 92.25% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|90day Eur Futr Jun19 Xcme 20190617||N/A||22.34%|
|Long Gilt Future Sep18 Ifll 20180926||N/A||12.45%|
|3mo Euro Euribor Dec19 Ifll 20191216||N/A||11.03%|
|Bwu00inb9 Irs Usd R V 03mlibor Swuv0inb1 Ccpvanilla||N/A||9.55%|
|Bwu00inb9 Irs Usd P F 1.75000 Swu00inb9 Ccpvanilla||N/A||8.71%|
|Us 2yr Note (Cbt) Sep18 Xcbt 20180928||N/A||6.74%|
|United States Treasury Notes 1.62%||N/A||6.67%|
|Euro Bund Future Sep18 Xeur 20180906||N/A||5.15%|
|Euro-Oat Future Sep18 Xeur 20180906||N/A||4.89%|
|Bwu00daq1 Irs Usd R V 03mlibor Swuv0daq3 Ccpvanilla||N/A||4.72%|
3. What is AFXYX performance? What are AFXYX historical returns?
AFXYX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.13%;
- 3-month return is -1.72%;
- 1-year return is -0.97%;
- 3-year return is 2.31%;
- 5-year return is 1.12%.
4. How many up and down years did AFXYX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AFXYX had 7 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AFXYX dividend yield?
AFXYX yield is 2.21%.
6. What is AFXYX minimum initial investment amount?
AFXYX minimum initial investment amount is $100.00K.
7. What is AFXYX expense ratio?
AFXYX expense ratio is 0.99%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AFXYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AFXYX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AFXYX front-end sales load is 0. AFXYX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AFXYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is %;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
10. What is AFXYX beta? How would you assess AFXYX risk?
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 2 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in AFXYX? What are AFXYX buy reasons?
The following are AFXYX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AFXYX? What are AFXYX negatives?
The following are AFXYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AFXYX net assets</strong> are $33.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AFXYX expense ratio</strong> is 0.99%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?