7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors AGAMX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AGAMX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AGAMX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AGAMX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AGAMX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AGAMX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AGAMX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AGAMX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AGAMX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AGAMX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AGAMX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AGAMX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Global Allocation Fund; Administrative Class Shares (AGAMX).
- What are AGAMX holdings?
- What is AGAMX performance? What are AGAMX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AGAMX have historically?
- What is AGAMX dividend yield?
- What is AGAMX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AGAMX expense ratio?
- Does AGAMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AGAMX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AGAMX beta? How would you assess AGAMX risk?
- What is AGAMX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AGAMX Finny Score? AGAMX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AGAMX? What are AGAMX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AGAMX? What are AGAMX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Global Allocation Fund; Administrative Class Shares (AGAMX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation and current income. It achieves its investment objective by normally investing approximately 60% of its assets in Underlying Stock Funds and 40% of its assets in Underlying Bond Funds.
2. What are AGAMX top holdings?
AGAMX has 0 stock holdings and 117 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 81.41% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|AllianzGI Global Sustainability Instl||ASTNX||33.90%|
|Us 10yr Note (Cbt)sep20 Xcbt 20200921||N/A||9.38%|
|AllianzGI Best Styles Glbl Mgd Vol||LLLLX||7.75%|
|AllianzGI PerformanceFee Mgd Fts Strt R6||APMRX||7.59%|
|AllianzGI Green Bond Institutional||ABGTX||7.24%|
|Us 2yr Note (Cbt) Sep20 Xcbt 20200930||N/A||4.66%|
|E-mini S&P 500 Futures June20||ESM0.DE||4.35%|
|AllianzGI Emerging Markets SRI Debt Ins||AGMIX||4.34%|
|Future on MSCI EAFE Jun20||N/A||1.44%|
|MSCI USA Index Future June 20||FMUSM0||0.76%|
3. What is AGAMX performance? What are AGAMX historical returns?
AGAMX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.05%;
- 3-month return is 5.09%;
- 1-year return is 8.89%;
- 3-year return is 5.08%;
- 5-year return is 6.41%;
- 10-year return is 5.87%.
4. How many up and down years did AGAMX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AGAMX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is AGAMX dividend yield?
AGAMX yield is 1.93%.
6. What is AGAMX minimum initial investment amount?
AGAMX minimum initial investment amount is $5.00K.
7. What is AGAMX expense ratio?
AGAMX expense ratio is 0.95%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AGAMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AGAMX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AGAMX front-end sales load is 0. AGAMX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AGAMX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.57%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.48%.
10. What is AGAMX beta? How would you assess AGAMX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.04;
- 5-year beta is 1.02;
- 10-year beta is 1.07;
- 15-year beta is 1.07.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in AGAMX? What are AGAMX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy AGAMX.
14. What are the cons of investing in AGAMX? What are AGAMX negatives?
The following are AGAMX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AGAMX net assets</strong> are $0.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AGAMX 3-year return</strong> is 5.08%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 6.71%.
- <strong>AGAMX 5-year return</strong> is 6.41%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 9.37%.
- <strong>AGAMX 10-year return</strong> is 5.87%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.53%.
- <strong>AGAMX expense ratio</strong> is 0.95%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.