7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Century Investments AGBVX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AGBVX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AGBVX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AGBVX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AGBVX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AGBVX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AGBVX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AGBVX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AGBVX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AGBVX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AGBVX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AGBVX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Century International Bond Funds: Global Bond Fund; Investor Class Shares (AGBVX).
- What are AGBVX holdings?
- What is AGBVX performance? What are AGBVX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AGBVX have historically?
- What is AGBVX dividend yield?
- What is AGBVX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AGBVX expense ratio?
- Does AGBVX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AGBVX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AGBVX beta? How would you assess AGBVX risk?
- What is AGBVX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AGBVX Finny Score? AGBVX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AGBVX? What are AGBVX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AGBVX? What are AGBVX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Century International Bond Funds: Global Bond Fund; Investor Class Shares (AGBVX).
The Fund seeks long-term total return. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in bonds. The Fund generally hedges most of its foreign currency exposure to the US dollar. The Fund may invest up to 35% of its assets in high-yield and/or emerging market debt securities.
2. What are AGBVX top holdings?
AGBVX has 0 stock holdings and 702 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 18.25% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Us 10yr Note (Cbt)dec20 Xcbt 20201221||N/A||3.42%|
|Us 10yr Ultra Fut Dec20 Xcbt 20201221||N/A||3.30%|
|VanEck Vectors JP Morgan EM LC Bd ETF||EMLC||2.90%|
|Japan (Government Of) 0.1%||N/A||1.70%|
|Long Gilt Future Dec20 Ifll 20201229||N/A||1.66%|
|Federal National Mortgage Association 2%||N/A||1.49%|
|Italy (Republic Of) 2%||N/A||1.30%|
|China Development Bank 2.89%||N/A||1.29%|
|Korea 10yr Bnd Fu Dec20 Xkfe 20201215||N/A||1.19%|
3. What is AGBVX performance? What are AGBVX historical returns?
AGBVX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.06%;
- 3-month return is 1.25%;
- 1-year return is 3.53%;
- 3-year return is 3.84%;
- 5-year return is 3.79%.
4. How many up and down years did AGBVX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AGBVX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is AGBVX dividend yield?
AGBVX yield is 2.3%.
6. What is AGBVX minimum initial investment amount?
AGBVX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is AGBVX expense ratio?
AGBVX expense ratio is 0.8%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AGBVX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AGBVX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AGBVX front-end sales load is 0. AGBVX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AGBVX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.94%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.36%.
10. What is AGBVX beta? How would you assess AGBVX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.89;
- 5-year beta is 0.86.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in AGBVX? What are AGBVX buy reasons?
The following are AGBVX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AGBVX? What are AGBVX negatives?
The following are AGBVX weaknesses from our perspective:
- AGBVX net assets are $264.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- AGBVX 3-year return is 3.84%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays Global Aggregate TR HdgUSD), 5.12%.
- AGBVX 5-year return is 3.79%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays Global Aggregate TR HdgUSD), 4.39%.
- AGBVX expense ratio is 0.8%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?